McAfee - McAfee research and content side is top. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McAfee

"McAfee research and content side is top."

Current Employee - Security Researcher in Beaverton, OR
Current Employee - Security Researcher in Beaverton, OR

Pros

The free drinks. The level of knowledge in the research side of the organization is bar none. The company is profitable and future projections are very strong.

Cons

The research side could use work in integrating the various companies that McAfee buys. Also, it seems like Product Management has a clear idea of where they are going and are constantly changing directions. These changes have a big impact and usually lead to wasted cycles in the organization.

Advice to Management

Be more involved in your organization. Support more company functions.

Other Employee Reviews for McAfee

"8 years and going...but interested in more"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

Broad access to a number of technologies that can be used. If you're in sales you can make some serious dough. Flexible work schedule with remote working being acceptable for many roles. Slackers are quick to be eliminated, as most folks pull their weight and more.

Cons

Rather flat organization with limited advancement opportunity for technically oriented folks that want to stay technical. You have the option of either going into sales or going somewhere else unless a director role becomes available and you happen to be the best candidate for the role in the location where it is being offered. There are a lot of "Senior" this or thats, several directors, and it seems like a few too many VPs.

Advice to Management

Don't ignore advancement opportunities for your technical teams.

"McAfee...Great Products but Bad Support for their Employees."

Current Employee - Inside Channel Account Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Channel Account Manager in Plano, TX

Pros

McAfee has the best software/hardware security products in the market. We also have great worldwide brand recognition. We are constantly acquiring new technologies/companies to increase our security portfolio and provide more value to our customers.

Cons

The Comp Plans for our Inside and Channel Sales organizations are always being changed and are never attainable. Every new leader that comes onboard decides to change the plans and all they do is create a drop in morale and performance. Lack of Executive leadership and understanding particularly in relation to what the Channel provides. Lack of upward mobility for Inside and Channel Sales reps so we can grow into to larger roles at the company.

Advice to Management

Promote from within. We have amazing reps with tons of experience that would be great additions to our Field Sales and Channel team. But, most end up leaving for a job that gives them growth and better pay.