McCann Erickson - Lots of work, great growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McCann Erickson

"Lots of work, great growth"

Current Employee - Art Direction Intern in New York, NY
Current Employee - Art Direction Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Great people to work with. Lots of flexibility and openness to the creative directors. Homelike feeling with a professional vibe.

Cons

Still undergoing a transformation period, not sure what the next clients will offer to the agency. Might be a gamble.

Advice to Management

Good job on finding out what is going on with the interns on the ground floor. It makes for a good transparent work environment.

Other Employee Reviews for McCann Erickson

"Fairly Decent Working Environment; Need More Communication"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI

Pros

McCann is great for a work/family balance. I've never had a problem getting time off when needed, even when it's an emergency and I have to leave immediately. When I was more junior I was afforded a lot of opportunity. The environment is collaborate and open. Management seems to be trying to increase morale through summer deck parties and more open communication.

Cons

Communication is lacking. People come and go and there's no introduction or communication about that. It's not uncommon to have a new team member come on board and not know a thing about it. The office is full; employees are 2 to an office, and getting a conference room is a daily battle. Parking is limited; there's garage parking for senior management, but there's a waitlist for that (for those lucky few who get promoted). Otherwise, employees park in a city deck and walk about a block into the office. Promotions come only after fighting for them - at least 2 years, often longer.

Advice to Management

Improve communication with employees. I can't stress that enough. I haven't heard a thing from our CEO in over a month.

2. "Short and pretty monotonous."

Former Employee - Designer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Designer in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The people were friendly and the social environment was fun, young and very flexible. There were some good perks such as watching movies at Sony Studios and beer Fridays.

Cons

Workplace advancement route is vague - not clearly outlined. The corporate environment felt stodgy and rigid. There were some signs that the account side is more important than the work from creative.

Advice to Management

Make sure the work is always supported by account, not the other way around. Also, make it clear how employees can move up and in what time frame. Otherwise, we'll bolt.