McCann Erickson - A great place to start | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McCann Erickson

"A great place to start"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY
Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY

Pros

Great people, great opportunities for career growth and development. A large agency but depending on what brand you work on it can feel like a small agency within an agency. Company culture has improved over the past year and senior management is getting better which is helping the agency to grow and to retain its employees better.

Cons

Compensation is low, most senior management is constantly changing, resulting in not a lot of passion for the agency, more for the brand you work on. I do wish we stood up for our work a bit more. as well, taking a model like W+K.

Advice to Management

Build the brand of McCann Erickson better for your employees and you will retain them better.

Other Employee Reviews for McCann Erickson

"Stability in employment, but long hours and low pay"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

One of the most well known agencies so it is definitely a resume builder. McCann is a huge agency. The NY office alone is around 3000 employees. Having this big agency experience is very helpful when moving to other agencies. I believe if I moved to a smaller market, having working at a big agency such as McCann will be a plus. Also, since it is such a large agency, it has a lot of clients which helps employment stability.

Cons

Lost in the shuffle. Long, long hours. Low pay. (low pay and long hours isn't the best equation). Tons of hierarchy

Advice to Management

More flexibility within positions

2. "Great benefits and pay, expecially if you're in the right group."

Current Employee - VP, Associate Creative Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - VP, Associate Creative Director in New York, NY

Pros

Compensation is very high compared to other agencies, especially compared to other agencies I've worked (in the CDreative Department).

Also, the benefits package is very complete.

Cons

I've heard it can be very political and back-stabbing, but have yet to experience that in my department.

One complaint is how my CDs micro-manage everything.

Advice to Management

Don't micro-manage so much. We're more than capable of doing things ourselves.