McCollisters Transportation Systems - Good opportunities for driven sales people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McCollisters Transportation Systems

"Good opportunities for driven sales people"

Former Employee - Account Manager in West Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Account Manager in West Chicago, IL

I worked at McCollisters Transportation Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good upper management, very accessible and good mentors.

Cons

Incompetent middle management, lots of penny pinching

Other Employee Reviews for McCollisters Transportation Systems

1. "Patience"

Current Contractor - Lease Operator in Burlington, NJ
    Current Contractor - Lease Operator in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at McCollisters Transportation Systems as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

As a Lease Operator, I obviously get to work when I want to. That doesn't necessarily equate to setting my own hours but, when I need to take time off I haven't really had an issue doing so. Some of the best people I've met are in their various offices and can be a pleasure to work with. There is a lot of give and take as with most companies and unfortunately there is a running phrase that can sum things up quite succinctly at times, "It is what it is". As many times as I've felt like I wanted to just walk away, the money is hard to replace. I haven't got to a point in my life financially where I'm willing to take a drastic pay cut to relieve me of the usual stress that comes with the job.

Cons

There are times when you can sit in one location for 3-10 days waiting for a reload depending on where you end up emptying out. The pay at times can be insufferably slow which doesn't help you to stay caught up or even with your monthly expenses.

Advice to Management

Listen, listen, listen. Granted, not all advice is worth a second thought but, there are things that are overlooked and would help everyone in the long run.

2. "Excellent organization on the up"

Current Employee - Director of Information Technology in Burlington, NJ
    Current Employee - Director of Information Technology in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at McCollisters Transportation Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nationwide locations, supporting International business, government and financial institutions, electronic OEMs, Hospitals, aerospace, military and home relocations ...

Cons

Shrinking driver pools, industry needs qualified drivers

Advice to Management

Keep up the tremendous work to diversify company portfolio of service offerings, markets, customer base and support of Corporate america's logistics, warehousing and transportation needs - adding tremendous value to supply chains globally, and providing employees a living and lively hood of a company they can be proud of working for -- thank you!