McDonald's - Results and career path | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's

"Results and career path"

Current Employee - General Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - General Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You can make your own way if you know and practice the company standards. As long as you apply yourself, you will be successful. There are plenty of people that will help you move up the ladder if you want to move. Right now movement up the ladder is high priority

Cons

It is not just a job, so you really must like it (managers and up) because you will be living it 24/7. You will look forward to comp days and vacations with your family.

Advice to Management

If you really want to make a difference, especially in light of increased P/T staffing levels and the competition, let's get some financial upgrades to linen budgets for our crew.

Other Employee Reviews for McDonald's

1. "Really Good Experience"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Des Moines, IA

I worked at McDonald's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This was a great job to learn basic job skills that I will use for the rest of my career. This is the perfect job for people who need flexible hours or need to learn basic skills.

Cons

The pay isn't great but I have no worries about that. It's not where you start, it's where you end up. Many of the store managers were once just cashiers or grill workers that worked their way up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. You're doing a good job! Maybe clean up some stores that are dirty.

2. "good for the person who is just going in to the job world."

Current Employee - Crew Member in Rockland, ME
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Rockland, ME

I have been working at McDonald's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

mangers are almost pushing you to be your best. there's something to be done there. the people are mostly nice and understand where you are.

Cons

in my time working the iv had four or five trainings on how to do just the meat station, but they change it oh ever month or so and you must know them right then. also in my time there you realize that all customers look down on you like your scum.

Advice to Management

i wish you would here my voice and ideas for something to sell because fish mcbites....really?