McDonald's - there is nothing like a day at mcdonalds. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's

"there is nothing like a day at mcdonalds."

Current Employee - Manager in Mount Pleasant, MI
Current Employee - Manager in Mount Pleasant, MI

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are more then willing to work with your availability

Cons

sometimes you just have to hold your tongue and be the bigger person

Advice to Management

you have to learn to put your business self first above all.

Other Employee Reviews for McDonald's

1. "Manager candidates be aware..."

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Janesville, WI
    Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Janesville, WI

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

McDonald's, overall, is a good company to work for. If you're looking for a job that will enable you to get promoted quickly, then this might be a good fit for you. Hard work, enthusiasm and talent ARE rewarded, and most of the managers are reasonable people just trying to get the job done. The really good managers offer plenty of feedback and are always willing to answer questions.

Cons

The biggest downside is while promotions happen fairly quickly, the training isn't as thorough as it should be, you're often trained for one position, only to be told you'll be filling another. I was being trained as a SHIFT MANAGER and passed my certification, and was informed that I would NOT be a certified shift manager, but a Floor Supervisor, a position that is technically management, but does not qualify one for benefits, bonuses, or paid vacations. Be prepared to work long hours for little compensation, many weekends, and if the store you work for is open on holidays, be assured you'll most likely be working!

Advice to Management

Please work with your management candidates to make sure they're learning all the jobs in the restaurant, and offer plenty of feedback. I've been a floor supervisor for over a year now, and still have not learned all I should know to be managing a staff and be taken seriously!

2. "working here"

Current Employee - Member in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Member in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at McDonald's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexible hours. eat meal during break.

Cons

less benefits. no more fre3e meals. or recently not even half off food on days off. no stock in market. under paid and overworked and not enough workers. management says worker dont wont hard. yet with our work they have recently opened 2 new stores and another one in a couple of months. use to be we can get paid vacation all year now only limit to first 6 or 7 months of year. lots of benefits tooken away. 4 million dollar stores with about 100 employees. thats $40,000 dollars worth of work per employee yet no benefits. they set 4 dollar limit on half price meal recently also. they only take us to outing 1 a year on the day we have to rate our job. no sick pay.

Advice to Management

you make 40000 dollars per employee and pay people min wage, how can you say your employees dont work hard enough. you dont even give people 40 hours a week even if they ask for it. and you know the employee is hard worker.