McDonald's - McDonalds has been a reasonable source of employment for me. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's

"McDonalds has been a reasonable source of employment for me."

Current Employee - Crew in Poughkeepsie, NY
Current Employee - Crew in Poughkeepsie, NY

I have been working at McDonald's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible scheduling, free food during breaks, opportunities for advancement to management positions for those interested.

Cons

Part-time workers have little support, as they are replaceable; lack of consistent schedules for many; when understaffing occurs, which is somewhat often to lower costs, employees are overworked.

Advice to Management

Stores should be adequately staffed to sufficiently serve business needs; workers who are principally confined to one area should not, in general, be asked to perform lengthy duties in another area at the same time.

Other Employee Reviews for McDonald's

1. "Good first job/starter job for teens"

Former Employee - Cashier in Stafford, VA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Stafford, VA

I worked at McDonald's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good for learning the basics and breaking you into the world of employment. One can learn some responsibility. A structured environment. I recall there was a free meal or discount on food.

Cons

Working in a fast food place, retail - not desirable. You and your clothes absorb the greasy, fast food smell. Working as a cashier also meant cleaning the bathrooms.

"Terrible - bad food, ambitionless employees, few benefits."

Former Employee - French Frier in Minooka, IL
    Former Employee - French Frier in Minooka, IL

I worked at McDonald's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sneaking McNuggets was a definite pro. When the manager wasn't around, the atmosphere was pretty chill. I could go for extended periods of time without talking to anyone. I also enjoyed pressing down the ketchup plunger and feeling that delicious red sauce squirt out.

Cons

Physically uncomfortable and mentally draining. Very little upward mobility, governed mostly by office politics rather than merit. Employee creativity is geared toward ways to cut corners & do less work more easily, rather than trying to improve the company or corporate culture.

Advice to Management

Serve healthier food! McCafe's are where it's at!