McDonald's - Perfect first job | Glassdoor

"Perfect first job"

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Marysville, WA
Former Employee - Shift Manager in Marysville, WA

I worked at McDonald's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You learn a lot about responsibility and cleanliness. Its a fast paced environment and perfect intro to the working world.

Cons

It fast food. Its very hot and tiring environment, the pay is not good, but its fine for a highschooler.

Advice to Management

Give employyees more benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for McDonald's

""Overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated.""

Current Employee - Crew Member in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Stockton, CA

I have been working at McDonald's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job is super easy to get; if you need income fast. Do not need any special education of training. Flexible hours; you can usually get any days off by asking in advance. Short traveling distance; McDonald's are everywhere. Free employee meal. Employees--crew--are usually pretty cool and down to earth.

Cons

Minimum wage. Inconvenient break times; a 30 min. break an hour after you get there and your 10 min., 15 minutes before getting off and 4-6 hours in between with nothing. Sometimes treated like a slave; yelling, belittling, and always getting shut up when talking to other employees while working. They expect you to work twice as hard when it is busy yet when it slows down; forget about getting a pat in the back and allowing some time to relax, drink water, and get yourself together. They are still yelling and acting like we need to be at 200% at all times. No mental stimulation, once you learn all the tricks of the trade it gets extremely tedious, boring, and annoying. In the back--grill/table area--it is extremely hot, you are constantly sweating and getting dehydrated. What's worse is that from extreme heat you have to go into the walk-in freezer which is about 10 degrees below zero. This is not great for your bones and could possibly lead to arthritis in the long run. Also, I was working close to the 40 hours but now due to the new health care reform--which states that employers have to pay for their employees' healthcare if they work 30 hours or more--San Joaquin County McDonald's have cut everybody's hours down to 25. I could have tolerated everything else a while longer but now I cannot even make the income that I need due to their own selfish politics. I am planning on leaving there as soon as possible.

Advice to Management

Your employees will bend over backwards for you if you are respectful, appreciative, and easygoing. They will work hard because they like you and want to help you out. Meanwhile, you are nothing short of a dictating tyrant.

2. "A worker now"

Current Employee - Crew in Comstock Park, MI
    Current Employee - Crew in Comstock Park, MI

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of they person are good ,but some are not,Not a thing

Cons

Not thing low pay for all the work you do the manger don't do not a thing,at there job

Advice to Management

They don't tell you the true about thing ,they are good about lie to you if you want to climb the ladder their you have to kiss ass their and manager used foul language at you too.