McDonald's - I'm lovin it | Glassdoor

"I'm lovin it"

Current Employee - Dishwasher in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Dishwasher in Miami, FL

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lovin, hamburgers, travel benefits, ability to quickly scale the ranks with potential to become a mogul in beef with iron fisted rule over a selected domain

Cons

From the outset, I felt that my long term career vision was out of alignment with the vision and mission of the company. However changing the fundamental culture of a 100+ yr old company is just my sort of challenge

Advice to Management

None, keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for McDonald's

"Hard Workers Rarely get appreciated"

Current Employee - Crew Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Crew Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at McDonald's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A pro for working at Mcdonald's is that it will make you realize you want more out of life and just don't want to be stuck in McDonald as your career dealing with customers and their attitudes.
    Working for a corporate Mcdonald's will be better than working for an franchise store. (Make Sure you research this before applying for a store to save you the hassle.) Corporate also receive raises every 3 months, your whole uniform is paid for, and you can eat anything on the menu.
    At corporate McDonald there is no such thing as labor so you will get your hours regardless.
    The Regulars are amazing people. (In their own way)
    It only took me a year to become a crew trainer.

Cons

Franchise Stores focuses their hours around Labor. Labor must be at an overall 19% at the end of each month. So if the stores labor is 24% labor the end of last month be ready to have your hours cut, because they need to save some money.
    There is not that much room for growth in franchises. Franchises usually hire some off the wall characters. Even though they claim your suppose to get an evaluation and a pay rise at your one year mark, THEY DONT!
    At Franchise Mcdonald's most new hires will sometimes have to deal with harsh old employees. Advice to new hires: You are there to make money, not friends.
    Corporate Mcdonalds Drug, Test, and they are strict.
    The Manager of the Franchise store tries to talk to anyone, any type of way. If she does not like you, you will not get any hours. She calls employees little girls, and little boys. She's unapproachable and does not understand the how to balance her stress.

Advice to Management

Mcdonald''s Management you should really push teamwork more than anything. Find a way Mcdonald's can help franchises show their employees that they appreciate them and support and honor their hard work. These owners sometimes can not really care at all about the people department. Make training based more on the Mcdonald's Brand Promise. All Crew Member should know about the Mcdonald's brand Promise and Teach new hires how to provide the best customer service.

2. "I McDonald's can be rough at first, but the people are nice and anyone can do it."

Current Employee - Crew Member in Auburn, IN
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Auburn, IN

I have been working at McDonald's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are treated well
    You can pay raise every 6 months
    Everyone can do everything

Cons

The work is very consistent
    Not much down time

Advice to Management

McDonald's is managed well