McDonald's - Worked my way up the ladder | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's

"Worked my way up the ladder"

Current Employee - General Manager
Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-Franchised restaurant, so it was locally owned and operated.
-Able to work my way up pretty quickly, started when I was 16, was a manager by 18, assistant GM when I was 23, and became GM by 25.
-Owner offers health insurance, free uniforms, disability, 401k with up to 3% match, free meals when working, 4 day work weeks, paid vacation( 3 weeks until 10 years then you receive 4), competitive salary
-family like atmosphere

Cons

-4 day work weeks rarely happen
-working with a franchised owned restaurant means the owner sets the standards, this is mostly a good thing unless some tings asked of you are unattainable or just plain mind-boggling(ie. must have so many people in the store, but I don't want excuses as to why labor can't be made)
-comes with the business but not a whole lot of work-life balance, but it can be managed
-even though my store has consistently low turnover rates, we still go through alot of employees, but that's the nature of a minimum wage job

Advice to Management

There are opportunities for our restaurants to improve profitability that may initially irritate customers, but they will understand and continue to frequent our restaurants

Other Employee Reviews for McDonald's

1. "Iffy"

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers for the most part. I get a raise every 6 months until
    I hit the cap. Last one was 30 cents.

Cons

Hard. shitty customers. Smiling when you don't want to/

2. "what happen to the training"

Pros

The systems that are in place are incredibly easy to use. The Training that is available; you will be lucky to have experienced. H.R. was incredibly supportive of the people that MCD employed.

Cons

I was not given the opportunity to be trained in their systems, asked to open new restaurant while not even gone through SMX,. Company Policies state Manager must complete Hamburger University before opening a new restaurant. I accepted when told i would have experienced department mangers.... when 2015 after everyones Sabbaticals.

Advice to Management

Stick true with your policies... Ronald made them for a reason.... Burnt Out!