McDonald's - Great place as to work part-time | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's

"Great place as to work part-time"

Current Employee - Crew Chief in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)
Current Employee - Crew Chief in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I have been working at McDonald's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible times, I was given the opportunity to organise my work schedule around my university schedule; very good and careful training, I learned a lot about leadership and attention to detail. I was given the opportunity to pursue a managerial career at the organisation but I chose to complete my studies. Great comraderie, highly motivated coworkers

Cons

Gung-ho mentality, Ray Kroc words are cited as if coming from some cult leader. Management tried to brainwash young and naive coworkers into thinking that working at McD is the best thing that will ever happen to them; some of them asked me if I "loved" McDonald's....

Other Employee Reviews for McDonald's

1. "it was all right"

Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at McDonald's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

hours were pretty flexible as i only worked for 2 days as a part timer due to school. they were all right about this. pay, training, and the atmosphere were good because the workers there were around the same age as me.

Cons

depending which section you work (kitchen or up front or etc). i worked in the kitchen so it wasn't as bad. depending on which store you worked, rush hour can be a pain.

2. "Great training great promotions great people"

Pros

It's a bottom up organization truly trying to get back to the basics of being a restaurant company driven by the customer

Cons

All the internal politics, OPNAD - marketing structure and at least 1/3 of owners who have been around 10 years or less who think it's someone else's responsibility to make money for them ; 1/3 of owners who really believe they can save themselves into success ( run the business from an office and P&L) 1/3 who are getting so frustrated.

Advice to Management

Over the last five years you have majority of the owner operators who think they have an office license agreement spend less then 10% of their time in a restaurant and don't have a clue about who the customer is today or where to take the business to in the future. It's the same problem with anyone in operations today anyone above a business consultant would not have a clue of what to do inside a restaurant. The great culture of operations driven that made McDonalds second to none Has been lost. You need to lead by example take the suits off get back in the restaurants talk to customers crew eliminate 65% of all meetings
    Bring the culture back of QSC customer focused.