Cover image for McDonald's

Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good Management

Aug 3, 2022 - Associate in Greensburg, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management was great and the pay was fair. Also we got free meals and drinks.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Continue reading
  1. U.S. Restaurants | Division of McDonald's
    5.0
    Former Freelancer

Great

Jan 17, 2023 - Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

GREAT place to be and work

Cons

Sometimes bad management rude or simply immature

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good foot in the door management position

Jan 26, 2023 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling: McDonald's is open 24/7, so employees can work around their school or other commitments. Career growth: McDonald's offers a variety of career opportunities and provides training and development programs for its employees. Teamwork and camaraderie: McDonald's is a fast-paced environment that requires employees to work together as a team. Competitive pay and benefits: McDonald's offers competitive pay and benefits packages, including health insurance, 401(k) plans, and paid time off. Community involvement: McDonald's is actively involved in the communities it serves, and employees can get involved in volunteer and community service activities. Discounts: McDonald's employees are eligible for discounts on food and merchandise, as well as discounts on other products and services. Good for students: McDonald's is a good place for students to gain work experience. Diversity and Inclusion: McDonald's values diversity and inclusion and is committed to creating a welcoming environment for all employees.

Cons

Fast-paced and physically demanding work: McDonald's is a fast food restaurant and the work can be physically demanding, including standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy bags of food, and working quickly during busy periods. Limited room for advancement: Advancement opportunities may be limited for employees who wish to move up the career ladder. Low pay: The pay may be low, especially for entry-level positions. High employee turnover: McDonald's has a high employee turnover rate. Stressful work environment: McDonald's can be a stressful work environment, particularly during busy periods, which can be demanding and fast-paced. Limited benefits: Benefits may be limited, particularly for part-time or entry-level employees. Limited schedule flexibility: Despite flexible scheduling, working at odd hours, weekends and holidays are a norm in Mcdonalds. Shortage of staff: McDonald's may be short-staffed during certain periods, which can lead to employees being required to work overtime or extra shifts.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about McDonald's.

McDonald's Careers

Cover image for McDonald's

Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one...More

• Benefits & Perks