McDonald's - A good place to work.... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's

"A good place to work...."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Hopewell, VA
Current Employee - Store Manager in Hopewell, VA

Pros

You learn a lot working with people from many different backgrounds. You also have to deal with many customers....you leanr a lot about people every single day. I belive the pay for some of the employees is very fair. THe leadership of the company seems to do a very good job. Most things roll out very smoothly and the field service people work hard to keep stores in line. THe brand image is as sharp as ever and seems to be improving with time.

Cons

The pay for hourly and store managers are low. Most assistant managers are in line. Also, salaried managers should recieve some type of compensation for overtime.

Advice to Management

You should look into how owner operators run their restaurants more closely....not within operations but with how employees are treated. Some promotions and pay isn't handled fairly because the operator does as they please.

Other Employee Reviews for McDonald's

"Store Manager for McDonalds"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Columbus, OH

Pros

The vacation time is good. After five years, you get five weeks off a year and then you get six at ten years plus a 8 week sabbbatical. This is for corporate only stores.

Cons

Sometimes certain locations can be much worse to work at then others depending on the demographics of the restaurant. The crew and also be frustrating to manage because of their low pay.

Advice to Management

Give more positive recognition and put less focus on profit. Remeber that you have to spend money to make money and don't think short term when trying to make profit goals.

2. "Crew member at McDonalds"

Current Employee - Crew Trainer in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Crew Trainer in Green Bay, WI

Pros

It was a great opportunity to work at while still in high school. Though it wasn't perhaps the best job out there, I think it really taught me a lot about working hard and added to my leadership skills. I also enjoyed to flexibility. At any given time (perhaps it helped that I was a very good worker) I could work at many hours as I wanted (40) or as little as I wanted (take the week off for whatever reason). I also had a choice on when I wanted to work on the weekend and in the summers (mornings, days or nights).

Cons

Just some of the people you worked with. You can work with some really weird staff people. For the most part management was alright, however, some can also be a bit abnormal.

Advice to Management

You really have to pay your employees more. There is such a high turnover rate with not only crew people but also management. I loved my job at McDonalds, I even became a trainer, but there is just no way I would ever imagine sticking around because I can make so much more else where. I feel that a fully trained, hardworking/efficient staff is so much more valuable than the money you save by keeping wages low and having to continually train new people.