McGladrey LLP - Senior Auditor | Glassdoor

"Senior Auditor"

Former Employee - Senior Auditor in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Auditor in New York, NY

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the NY office I had nice co-workers and supervisors.

Cons

Public Accounting everywhere means long hours, ever changing nitty girtty auditing rules and not much fun.

Advice to Management

Put into actual practice all the nice things the HR department says about employee work/life balance and professional development.

Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, receptive management, and the willingness to go the extra mile for our cleints! Location in Tyson's is better because of traffic than other locations.

Cons

We could use a little bit better of a break room, and it stinks that parking is not reimbursed. However, other than that, everything is going great!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"What are we doing?"

Current Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people; I appreciate the flexibility of my job and can work from home on occasion without any push back.

Cons

Communication is horrible; organizational leadership is constantly changing; charge hour mentality is over the top; McGladrey who? It's the 5th largest firm and no one has heard of them. Most of your time is eaten up with administrative conference calls but still expect at least 40 charge hours per week; organization and standardization is badly needed

Advice to Management

Value your top performers and let them know they are doing a good job; organize leadership and stop changing it constantly; develop a reasonable long-term strategic plan and be accountable to it; don't chase the next big thing; focus on what you are good at, keep up to date on it, and spread the word. Focus on being proactive rather than reactive and remember that charge hours aren't everything. People need downtime to reenergize and focus on their families. Working 60-80 hours a week is just not doable. Don't spread yourself thin; focus on what you do best and specific geographical areas. Advertise; advertise & advertise! Get involved with your communities and industry associations. Partners should be selling; it shouldn't all be left up to the managers...they can't do everything (market, train staff & do 40 chg hours a week). Treat managers like managers...give them an office...it's embarrassing! Managers are treated like supervisors but then expected to do the work of directors & partners as well.