McGladrey LLP - Terrific opportunities + wealth of resources + great people + competitive compensation = Great place to work | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

"Terrific opportunities + wealth of resources + great people + competitive compensation = Great place to work"

Current Employee - Assurance Senior Associate in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Assurance Senior Associate in Baltimore, MD

Pros

The amount of professional growth that someone can experience in this public accounting firm is endless. From the assurance services side as a Senior Assoicate level, I have a great opportunities to work very closely with my clients from planning through wrap-up as well as being the engagement team leader for staff members. As such, this provides me with opportunities to improve upon my leadership skills, continue to develop my technical expertise, while establishing great professional working relationships with my team members and clients.

Cons

Like most, if not all, public accounting settings, the balance of maintaining a healthy work/life balance can be challenging at times - especially for those who finds themselves to be an overachiever.

Advice to Management

A critical key to our continued success is through our people - let's continue to make sure that we take care of our people. Pay for performance is a good catch phrase, we must make sure that such follow-up is being done.

Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP

"Excited about working at RSM McGladrey"

Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

If you are a person dedicated to your profession and have a sincere desire to do well RSM McGladrey is a good place to work. Hard work and dedication is rewarded. The opportunity seems endless... it is encouraging to see partners in their 30's.

Cons

The downside is the required hours. My guess is that I work somewhere between 2300 and 2500 hours per year, the majority of the overtime during the winter months. Unfortunately this profession is very seasonal - there really is no way around it.

Advice to Management

I would hope senior management would see how hard people work during busy season and would allow for more flexible work hours in the off-season.

2. "Good culture, great place to work."

Current Employee - Consulting Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consulting Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

Colleagues, work-life flex, culture, predominantly strong management with only a few bad managers.

Cons

Somewhat restricted career advancement options.

Advice to Management

None.