McGladrey LLP - great times at McGladrey | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

"great times at McGladrey"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who work here are excellent, majority of them coming from a Big 4 background with very impressive skill set. People can get promoted faster than Big 4 as long as they have the motivation and drive. Team atmosphere with happy hours, volunteer days, promotion parties, holloween parties etc. They will give you all the resources to succeed (labtop, IPADS etc) but it is up to you to make it happen. Always recognized for my performance. Flexible work schedules. McGladrey will give you more exposure to different clients and industries rather then being pigeon holed into one specific area and industry like at Big 4

Cons

sometimes there are negative reviews about McGladrey but I'm my opinion - its from the bitter people who couldn't get a job at McGladrey or couldn't arise to a challenge

Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP

1. "Tax Associate"

Former Employee - Tax Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot of different types of tax returns from different industries. Given a lot of responsibility early on and was able to be accountable for my own work.

Cons

Long hours, not many "perks" offered by larger firms to compensate for time spent working. Raises and bonuses were not equal to performance.

Advice to Management

Need to be more collaborative with the team instead of creating dissension.

"Working for McGladrey in Atlanta sucks!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don't have any. My experience working in Atlanta showed me that the firm is a mess and the local Atlanta management is incompetent.

Cons

The firm has several policies which are not conducive to promoting good morale. They nickel and dime their employees on expenses as well. Further, the firm does not operate like a large accounting firm even though it is the 5th largest in the US. The firms offices operate as if they are local accounting firms under the McGladrey umbrella. There is not standardized practice. Audit methodology is not uniform throughout the firm. Everything is done differently depending on what office is doing the work. Long story short, they are a mess. There is a reason the entire audit staff quit at the end of 2011 and many of the tax staff left at the same time.