McGladrey LLP - Internship at McGladrey | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

"Internship at McGladrey"

Former Intern - Networks Solutions Consultant Intern
Former Intern - Networks Solutions Consultant Intern

I worked at McGladrey LLP as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I interned for a summer with McGladrey in the IT department. Overall the people are very laid back and super friendly. I found it very easy to get along with coworkers and they were always there to help. The job itself wasn't very stressful or technical but had certain times when you could be very busy. Overall I liked the company a lot.

Cons

Working with them you didn't seem to get very many benefits and the pay compared to other internships was about average. Talking to some of the other employees there in the IT field had concerns about their future with the company and complained about how little they would pay sometimes.

Advice to Management

I would ask management to compensate their workers better if they wish to keep the same workers around, otherwise you are asking for a short lifespan at the job and will have a rotating door of different workers.

Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP

1. "Good ole' boy network! If you're in, you're okay. If you're out, you're out!"

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company to work for.

Cons

Regional offices lack communication and cohesive industry teams.

2. "A great experience!"

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time

Pros

Consulting has some amazing Partners and management- they listen, care, and are highly supportive to hear your ideas and comments. The firm is growing and it's only getting better! A true work/life balance. It has the potential to be whatever you want it to be. Also- very family friendly!

Cons

I think the only thing I really didn't care for was the dental insurance provider. If that's my only grip I consider that pretty good!

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on growth, training, and retaining talent.