McGladrey LLP - Long-time Senior Associate | Glassdoor

"Long-time Senior Associate"

Current Employee - Senior Associate (Non CPA) in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Senior Associate (Non CPA) in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Real directors and career advisors who care if you take the time to talk with them. I've built my career here and feel that I am fortunate to work with some pretty great people. There were a few rocky years during the transition from the partner company, but now that the branding is settled, everything else seems to be falling into place, as well. Their is HUGE growth in the Ohio market, especially in technology and health care consulting.

Cons

I sometimes feel as though the Chicago-office professionals are promoted before other offices, given that it is the headquarters. All employees should be promoted based upon the annual review process and performance... not location. I see several folks around me who are discouraged year-after-year because of broken promises made about potential career advancement and promotions that didn't happen. HR and advisors need to be honest or risk losing good people.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop the flexibility and work-life balance that you have. It attracts new talent but it's also a factor in keeping good employees!

Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP

1. "Empty promises and poor advancement opportunities"

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large firm with good resources.

Cons

Regardless of how many hours you work, how many new clients you bring in, and how much you develop people your advancement in the firm is dependent on a few people. When it comes time from promotion be ready to explain to 10 people who you have never worked with and have never met you why you should be promoted. It is an "eat what you kill" environment where everyone is out for themselves and they don't take prisoners. As much as they will socialize with you, no one is looking out for you, and they could care less about your advancement. Follow the leader or step our of the way. Awful environment....

"Best Decision"

Current Intern - Consulting in Miami, FL
    Current Intern - Consulting in Miami, FL

I have been working at McGladrey LLP as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Recruiting process is amazing- willing to answer any and all questions, constantly reaching out to connect in different ways
    - Orientation- top notch- you do not feel like you are sitting there getting lectured, you learn through interactions with other professionals
    - They truly care about their employees. They do everything to make sure you are happy. There are many structures set up for feedback on performance -
    - Willing to work with your time and if you need time off
    - Open communication among all levels, no matter your position in the company- easy to discuss any issues you are having
    - Definitely a more laid back company, but don't let that fool you- people here WORK and WORK HARD, but that just means they PLAY JUST AS HARD- If you put in the time and dedication you will be rewarded

Cons

- You will travel, if you are needed somewhere else, but will only give you more exposure to different teams