McGladrey LLP - Good place to start in public accounting | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

"Good place to start in public accounting"

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Audit Associate in Orlando, FL

Pros

Not as stressful as Big Four. There is a better work-life balance, but not as much as you may think. The hours are still long, but the people I work with make them fairly enjoyable.

Good people is the main reason why I have stayed with McGladrey.

Cons

Like I said, the work-life balance could be better. Also, from the day I was hired, I felt like there wasn't very much guidance in the firm.

Advice to Management

Management could do a better job assessing the employees' work and giving valuable constructive criticism in a more timely manner.

Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP

"Senior Audit Associate"

Current Employee - Senior Audit Associate in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Audit Associate in Pasadena, CA

Pros

- Ability to interact with different levels of management both within the firm and outside of the firm (client).
    - More exposure to varying sections of the audit as well as working on multiple engagements.

Cons

- The pay I would say is lower compared to other firms
    - The hours and perks aren't great.

Advice to Management

True, the economy is down, but management needs to consider pay to its employees. With effects of both layoffs and voluntary leave, employees left are forced to work a lot more hours without any pay increase.

2. "typical public accounting firm"

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in Boston, MA

Pros

McGladrey & Pullen is a great brand name to have on your resume and great place to begin your career. They offer lots of training.

Cons

Just like any public accounting firm there are very long hours during certain parts of the year and high stress environment.

Advice to Management

Do better job of making employees feel valued with better pay, more praise, better feedback, and better work life balance.