McGladrey LLP - Review headline | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

"Review headline"

Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

RSM McGladrey is a very flexible fair company to work for. McGladrey is the right culture for me and for clients in the middle market.

Cons

Some of the downsides of working for McGladrey now are the economic impact on our revenue and therefore the workforce.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that management slow down on the amount of change occuring right now at McGladrey. There is so much unrest with the current leadership that things need to settle down.

Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP

1. "bad environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

flexible schedule, close to train

Cons

no fairness. people started career with McGladrey always get the longer stick, faster promotion, purposely inflated rating.

Advice to Management

Be fair.

2. "M&P review"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Irvine, CA

Pros

Great place to learn, very diverse group of people and clients.
    There are some very nice/caring people here who will guide you through and nurture you.

Cons

Horrible performance evaluation system and rewards

Underpaid - I realized this is a common comments from most CPA firm, this extends to other aspect, ie difficulty in getting reimbursement, difficulty in booking PTO time, $46 a day of per diem for out of town, cheap paper for business cards (this was fixed in mid 2010)

Long hours

In the past years following the recession there was a culture shift - more focused on budget, revenue, charge hours. As compared to my initial experience for the first few years of my career, more focused on training, developing people, nurturing and bringing out the potential in staffs.

In the past 2 years morale had sunk low. The work atmosphere has become depressing, ie, people ranting, wanting to quit, complaining, backstabbing, hoarding information, etc

Advice to Management

Focus on your people not the bottom line, this seems counter-intuitive, but in the long run this is what will make/break the firm. We are in the people business, or so I'm told when I was first recruited into this firm, then develop your people and treat them well.