McGraw-Hill Education - Excellent Benefits and Flexibility | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McGraw-Hill Education

"Excellent Benefits and Flexibility"

Former Employee - Designer in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Designer in Columbus, OH

I worked at McGraw-Hill Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for and raise a family. The hours are flexible and the benefits are great. The work was rewarding knowing we were striving to create top notch educational materials. My supervisors were excellent. They assigned and trusted me to get the work done.

Cons

The pay wasn't amazing and raises were very small. The company is struggling a bit to transition and balance print materials with the new internet age.

Advice to Management

Empower the various departments to make decisions and be experts in their areas of expertise. The arduous approval processes up the chain can really slow the company down. This kind of responsibility also makes employees vested in their jobs and take real ownership.

Other Employee Reviews for McGraw-Hill Education

"3rd place for a reason"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at McGraw-Hill Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am working with the most talented people I have ever worked with. Helping my customers identify which of our solutions will benefit their students is rewarding.

Cons

Constantly 'on call' to customers, especially during peak times. Work load can be overwhelming and as your territory grows you only create more work for yourself. Product team and sales team are being pitted against each other. Custom product disasters are to be expected? Technology is amazing and potentially a game changer, content is very weak. There is a reason MHHE is in 3rd place with such low market share.There is very little time or incentive to really build relationships with faculty, it is hurry up close the sale and move on to the next one. Salary is low, bonus potential is for the lucky few.

Advice to Management

Really get in touch with the "Culture" part of your drum beat or you'll realize your "talent" has been burnt out or left. The economy is improving, people can and will find jobs that allow for a work life balance representing companies and products that truly care about its people and customers.

2. "Great benefits, if you don't get laid off first."

Former Employee - Editor in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Editor in Columbus, OH

I worked at McGraw-Hill Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

McGraw-Hill has great benefits- you get decent insurance right away, and some vacation days right away. There is good work life balance. I liked the people that I worked with.

Cons

There was an annual to semi-annual layoff event, but they generally give you a free lunch or ice cream after. There is not much room for advancement.