McGraw Hill Financial - Decent place if management was better. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McGraw Hill Financial

"Decent place if management was better."

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

Pros

They have good benefits and work hours. If you have a good boss there is a very good program for travel for personal growth.

Cons

The place is very political and the HR policy is terrible for pay raises and other issues. Never trust HR as it will come back to hurt you.

Advice to Management

If the business unit is collapsing fire someone above the level of director. THEY ARE NOT THE PROBLEM, SENIOR MANAGEMENT IS!

Other Employee Reviews for McGraw Hill Financial

"Finance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hightstown, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hightstown, NJ

Pros

This is a company you can work at for 40 years and "just get by" doing things the same as previous tasks. If you are loyal and play the politics you will do well. The benefits are good.

Cons

The company has many programs in place that sound good in theory (such as mentoring, community giving, flexible work arrangements) but it is very hard to take advantage of these programs.
    The company always makes top ten lists for work-life balance and good for working mothers but my experience has been the opposite. As a manager myself, I am expected to be flexible with my staff's personal situations, however I do not receive the same courtesy from my boss. Even though everyone has a laptop, we are only allowed to work from home in extenuating circumstances. My manager never thanks me or shows recognition, which is disappointing. On my job interview it was made to seem that there were tons of growth opportunities in my office, but for the career path I'd like to be on, the only option is for me to relocate to the Manhattan office.
    It is very hard to initiate change. People have worked there for way too long and there is a divide amongst the different business segments.
    You don't know who you can trust. I receive very poor career guidance.
    The pay is ok to start but the raises are very low. Regardless of your performance, manager's are instructed to give raises that average to a low percentage so the differentiation between a high and low performer does not show up in the raise.

Advice to Management

Show gratitude to your employees so you stop losing the talent; foster an environment that promotes career growth; do more than just say how great an employer you are and show it.

"Look Forward not Back"

Current Employee - Administrative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative in Dallas, TX

Pros

Company that is financially stable and smart with financial transactions and investments. Solid reputation within corporate America. Beneftis are among the industry best.

Cons

McGraw-Hill is not keeping or promoting the brightest in the business. Must be more proactive and creative in obtaining future market share.

Advice to Management

Notice the immensely talented and promote. Retain the best or bring back the ones you know make a difference to McGraw-Hill and its future.