Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Apr 28, 2021 - Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good, great people to work with.

Cons

No longer provide a pension and 401K match was reduced from 6% to 4%.

Be the first to find this review helpful

McGraw Hill Response

Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your experience! We're glad you enjoyed our benefits and we wish you the best.

1. 5.0
    Former Contractor, more than 8 years

Cool place and cool people

Apr 16, 2021 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

My manager was awesome and the work was interesting.

Cons

They couldn’t hire me full time. I would have loved to continue working there.

Be the first to find this review helpful

McGraw Hill Response

Talent Acquisition

We're so glad you had a positive experience with your manager and your work as a contractor! We hope our paths will cross again soon. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee

Negligent about Covid

Jul 19, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Executive leadership seems to set the tone for a positive inclusive culture

Cons

Micromanaging like I’ve never seen. As a sales rep, I rarely work alone. There is someone working with me most days of the week. McGraw Hill pays 2 people to see customers at the same time almost every day. That’s a lot of money and to me a poor way to budget spending. Also forced now and during Covid to meet with colleagues and as groups. I am still uncomfortable about this, but don’t know who to turn to. Corporate Offices are not opening back up until after Labor Day, but yet I have to be in meeting rooms and restaurants with large groups of people which I don’t even do with my friends. I feel scared and helpless. We are still in a pandemic and to me allowing this is negligent. I feel there should be some safe practices in place for the sales org.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about McGraw Hill.