McKesson - Ugly | Glassdoor

"Ugly"

Current Employee - Medimart in Golden Valley, MN
Current Employee - Medimart in Golden Valley, MN

Pros

great medical benefits, if you're a "favored one" you can do whatever you want whenever you want, three weeks paid time off first year

Cons

Total lack of communication from leadership to workers, new employees are not qualified because the advertisement and recruitement for open positions is not for actual job but some figment of imagination, way too much work for each employee due to antiquated computer systems, processes, & procedures and leadership does not have a clue what we do, If you are not a "favored one" you are micromanaged to the nth degree and given absolutely no respect, hourly employees penalized via point system for tardiness even if only one minute late, supervisors sit amongst workers but they don't know what we do and we don't know what they do aside from finding things to criticize about us,

Advice to Management

Live by McK icare principles and treat all employees with respect. Listen to us, we care about the company and the quality of our work. We could make Medimart a true industry leader if you let us.

Other Employee Reviews for McKesson

"Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Company is fair and I think really strives to do right by its people. C-level management is solid. Good internal communications. Management is constantly trying different methodologies of software project management and development to attain optimum efficiency while maintaining work-life balance. Excellent educational opportunities both within and outside company. Very active in the community.

Cons

Internal workspace can be sterile. Just moved from cubicles to an open work space without walls -- which is taking some getting used to.

"As far as being on the help desk, it was a few steps away from being a plantation"

Former Employee - Help Desk Coordinator I in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Help Desk Coordinator I in Livonia, MI

Pros

Great benefits. Ability to relocate. Jobs located all over the country.

Cons

Very little room for growth within the department but not in the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

I would say be more understanding of the job and the stress of it and reward/recognize your team efforts and not just focus on what you "ARE NOT" doing. Also don't go by the numbers alone when it comes to mid/year end reviews. Know when you really have a quality person.