McKesson - Mckesson Provider Technologies, Alpharetta, Management need training. Friends and Family all the way around. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

"Mckesson Provider Technologies, Alpharetta, Management need training. Friends and Family all the way around."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

The parent company, 'McKesson Corporation'. If I could transfer, I think that I would be happier. Benefits are good, Some of the peers that I work with are nice and pleasant to work with.

Cons

Management has no idea what they are doing. They don't empower or effectively manage their direct reports. Sone have no clue what they are doing. It's more of a friends and family atmosphere..and seems to be one where some people aren't disciplined for poor performance. In some cases, you are treated like a kid, by a manager who has no clue on how to do your job. I think it could stand to be more diverse. Moving up is not an easy feat...for some..

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage. Some managers seem hesitant to apprach each other with issues because it is one tight circle, it seems. Motivate and empower your team. Train, Train, Train everyone...not just some people. Better tools to effectively evaluate performance needed.

Other Employee Reviews for McKesson

1. "a great organization to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Pros

There is a lot of respect around the workplace here.

Cons

The salary isn't the best. The medical insurance used to be great now it is not that great but I suppose that is how most companies are getting.

Advice to Management

Leadership is doing an adequate job.

"It's a large corporation what do you expect. You are treated like a number not a person."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA

Pros

If you are a poor performer you can blend in and others will carry you.

Cons

Corporate culture. Human Resources at the local level is non existant. HR is nothing but recruiters and cant help you with any problems. They just tell you to call corporate and then wait for a response.

Advice to Management

Take some of the CEO's $145 million realized pay from last year and dispense it amongst the best of the near 40000 workers in the company to keep them. The attrition at this company is horrible and I blame the corporate culture.