McKesson - This company has given me the opportunity to provide for my family and has been a great working environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

"This company has given me the opportunity to provide for my family and has been a great working environment."

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Cranberry, PA
Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Cranberry, PA

I have been working at McKesson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My co-workers are knowledgeable and helpful when I have any questions. Management is always seeking ways to improve customer support.

Cons

Lack of staffing plays a large part in what needs improved in the company. No one is able to take off on weekends or holidays due to the fact that the call center is understaffed.

Advice to Management

Hire more call analysts to help even out the workload.

Other Employee Reviews for McKesson

1. "Great business plan and organization -- sharp co-workers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at McKesson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues, money-making business, opportunities for advancement, lots of challenges

Cons

Expect long hours (12+ hr days in some areas)

2. "Won't be back"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at McKesson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with some really great people with a lot to give to the company. Developed some great working relationships and saw people do amazing things in their jobs.

Cons

Very little recognition for a job well-done. Employees made scapegoats by their Sr Managers to absolve themselves of underperformance. One VP would ritually go to HR to fire someone without any cause, but only because he needed someone to blame. Ultimately, my employment fell under the same scheme but titled a "downsizing due to reorganization." Several employees were given leave, blamed for the poor performance that truly fell on the shoulders of management.

Hard to get a raise once you are in unless there is a promotion available. If the promotion equals more than a 10% increase in pay, however, it is unlikely the promotion will go through. They would rather hire someone from outside and give more money than promote someone from within. Also, if you are applying for a position within the company and give your current annual salary to them, do not expect an offer that exceeds 10% more than that.

Advice to Management

Consider your employees and their contribution to the bottom line as opposed to your stakeholders and their expectations of the bottom line. Wholesale downsizing of workforce is never anything but a short-term solution. Putting the right people in the right places and rewarding people for their efforts is a better methodology to improving the company's performance.