McLane Grocery - I love the job I do. | Glassdoor

"I love the job I do."

Current Employee - Driver in Contoocook, NH
Current Employee - Driver in Contoocook, NH

I have been working at McLane Grocery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people that I work with.

Cons

Management is so out of touch with employees. Tools (load bars) are old or broken. Dispatch never answers the phone. Company never tells you your doing a good job only what your doing wrong or questioning why your behind on schedule. Handhelds and peoplenet are slower than death. Good trucks. Lot of work that your not paid for. Very long days. Medical insurance Deductible is way to much.

Advice to Management

Increase pay. Respect your drivers and other employees. Improve benefits. Warren Buffet owns us yet we get NO discounts with any of the stores he owns. Lower our deductibles. Offer a lot more discounts.

Other Employee Reviews for McLane Grocery

"McLane Northeast is a most negative employment experience."

Former Employee - Transportation in Baldwinsville, NY
    Former Employee - Transportation in Baldwinsville, NY

I worked at McLane Grocery full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can see no "pros" to working here other than a fair "profit sharing" program via a managed 401k plan.

Cons

This company is notorious for mistreatment of employees. Turnover-rate approaches 70%. Impossible to recruit qualified people due to poor reputation in area. I highly recommend anyone considering employment here to speak with any current or past employees first. This company seems to make promises that it has no intention of keeping, just to get the employee in the door. You will be working every holiday - Forget even spending with your family.

Advice to Management

I recommend that McLane drop their slogan of having "high Christian principles", at least until they are truly willing to demonstrate such toward their employees.

"Weird Company"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor Transportation in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor Transportation in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at McLane Grocery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay well. They have BBQs for employee safety goals.

Cons

They say they have a Christian mind-set, with the idea of doing right things right, but they are hypocrites and don't know the 1st thing about doing right things right, or what true Christian values are, being that neither of the 2 top managers in charge are Christians of any kind. If you are partially to blame for anything that goes wonky, and you are the least senior supervisor, you will get 100% of the blame. They'll even fire you over it, being partially responsible 4 times and you are out the door. Even if someone else sets you up, intentionally or not.

Advice to Management

Don't try to be a fake good person or a fake Christian, and don't cut your foot off for an minor scratch. In other words, don't give disciplinary write ups to one person when 4 are all equally to blame. TALK to your team and correct errors in processes, don't fire people for little BS stupid things. People all make mistakes. You need to weigh the significance of mistakes.