McLane Grocery - Great job if you're not afraid to physically work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for McLane Grocery

"Great job if you're not afraid to physically work."

Former Employee - Driver in Danville, IL
Former Employee - Driver in Danville, IL

I worked at McLane Grocery full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits. Good 401k. Great exercise. They seemed to do their best in providing safe equipment. They assigned trucks with routes but slip seating at times was unavoidable.
If you get by the first 6 months or so and get off the extra board, you've got it made. New drivers are generally on the "extra" board.

Cons

Balancing family time, work and sleep. New extra board drivers fill in for vacation, drivers sick, etc. When first starting count on a very unbalanced work-family life with short notice.

Advice to Management

Treat employees more like people with respect for what they've done for the company and what they can do in the future.

Other Employee Reviews for McLane Grocery

"I love the job I do."

Current Employee - Driver in Contoocook, NH
    Current Employee - Driver in Contoocook, NH

I have been working at McLane Grocery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people that I work with.

Cons

Management is so out of touch with employees. Tools (load bars) are old or broken. Dispatch never answers the phone. Company never tells you your doing a good job only what your doing wrong or questioning why your behind on schedule. Handhelds and peoplenet are slower than death. Good trucks. Lot of work that your not paid for. Very long days. Medical insurance Deductible is way to much.

Advice to Management

Increase pay. Respect your drivers and other employees. Improve benefits. Warren Buffet owns us yet we get NO discounts with any of the stores he owns. Lower our deductibles. Offer a lot more discounts.

"McLane Northeast is a most negative employment experience."

Former Employee - Transportation in Baldwinsville, NY
    Former Employee - Transportation in Baldwinsville, NY

I worked at McLane Grocery full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can see no "pros" to working here other than a fair "profit sharing" program via a managed 401k plan.

Cons

This company is notorious for mistreatment of employees. Turnover-rate approaches 70%. Impossible to recruit qualified people due to poor reputation in area. I highly recommend anyone considering employment here to speak with any current or past employees first. This company seems to make promises that it has no intention of keeping, just to get the employee in the door. You will be working every holiday - Forget even spending with your family.

Advice to Management

I recommend that McLane drop their slogan of having "high Christian principles", at least until they are truly willing to demonstrate such toward their employees.