McLane Grocery - Get payed good money but you had to be gone all the time but those times are over now!!!!!!!!! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for McLane Grocery

"Get payed good money but you had to be gone all the time but those times are over now!!!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Driver in Fredericksburg, VA
Current Employee - Driver in Fredericksburg, VA

Pros

Paid to sleep Good money while it waas around. Very good routing system keep you fairly tight on you routes but when you run close to the depot you can make money like that .

Cons

No personal life on the road all the time. had to call in every morning even if you are off. You could not do anything every day until you callled in to dispatch to find out if you went out in the morning.

Advice to Management

Take care of the drivers

Other Employee Reviews for McLane Grocery

1. "ADMINISTRATIVE"

Current Employee - Administrative in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at McLane Grocery full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

McLane has provided for myself and my family for more than 30 years. Lots of growth within the company. Never had to worry about my paycheck bouncing, never had to worry about showing up and getting a pink slip. Many people who put in the work, and take advantage of their tuition reimbursement program have moved into leadership positions and advanced their careers. My 401K account is AMAZING. Benefits are marketable, different plans to pick from.
    Progressive vacation earnings, can cash out vacation time and get the $ too.
    Lots of celebrations surrounding food......BBQ's,

Cons

Summer hours can be long, have to work on the summer holidays, but you get a day in your bank to have off later.

Advice to Management

Listen to the teammates that have been around and ask for their ideas, they have good input.

McLane Grocery Response

Jul 13, 2017

Thank you so much for stopping by! We're glad to have you on our team! Regina C., Social Manager, Talent Acquisition Team

2. "Receiver / Forklift Operator"

Former Employee - Receiving in Goodyear, AZ
    Former Employee - Receiving in Goodyear, AZ

I worked at McLane Grocery part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-Paced, Simple Work Difficulty, Nothing else

Cons

Belittling, Long Hours, Demands a lot, Gives back little