McMillan - A great place to work | Glassdoor

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous
Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at McMillan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've loved working at McMillan. The people are great - hardworking, fun and caring. I have always felt supported by the management team. My direct manager has my back and has coached me through many situations. She's always available to listen and offer advice. We do work overtime every now and then, but McMillan definitely strives for a good work-life balance. I know that if someone raises the flag that they're overwhelmed, support will be provided and people will work together to find a solution. We work hard but are compensated in many ways - end of year bonuses, offsite trips, free drink cart/lunches, fun events. The office is closed between Christmas/New Years and on holidays. McMillan also invests in their employees' growth through counselling and conferences.

Cons

Some of the managers do not follow process. It's difficult to keep things moving along while some of the key decision makers in the campaign process are doing their own thing. Also, of the Creative Directors can be very difficult to get ahold of for direction or answers.

Advice to Management

Enforcing process among managers and creative directors. This will also cut back on people working additional overtime, as the account team/studio team can work to balance workload.

Other Employee Reviews for McMillan

1. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at McMillan full-time

Pros

McMillan has created a culture that is hard to find elsewhere. They foster collaboration and entrepreneurship while providing challenging work opportunities. The work environment fosters teamwork and creativity and is flexible and laid back.

Cons

Work life balance can be challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Working on B2B has shifted the culture. It’s imperative that management acknowledge and address this. The culture is so embedded in all that McMillan does and it’s what makes it such a special place to work. Keeping the culture alive is critical.

2. "A good place to be and grow"

I have been working at McMillan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A very comfortable place to be/work. Good spread of young and old bringing fresh ideas and a wealth of experience on all fronts. The will and need to improve is ever present and acted on.

Cons

It can be busy (really busy) at times but that's the way it goes sometimes. Hard work is recognized and appreciated. <--- Con becomes a Pro.