Meadow Ridge - Staff is the friendliest I've worked with! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Meadow Ridge

"Staff is the friendliest I've worked with!"

I worked at Meadow Ridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Daily interaction with charming community of vibrant, engaged, and lively seniors ready to embrace their retirement years.
Beautiful facility.

Cons

Management lacks an overall plan and reacts to situations without thinking through long- (and short-) term consequences. Some management very condescending toward residents behind their backs. HIPAA is not conscientiously enforced. HR is non-existant. No possibility of overtime - strictly enforced. Management routinely dismisses resident's concerns and comments.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff - they are intelligent and interact with residents every day and are one of the best ways to gauge resident satisfaction. Listen to your residents and treat them with respect.

Other Employee Reviews for Meadow Ridge

1. "Good company, but understaffed"

Current Freelancer - Dietary Aide in Redding, CT
    Current Freelancer - Dietary Aide in Redding, CT

I have been working at Meadow Ridge (More than 3 years)

Pros

Disorganized department, lack of morale, understaffed

Cons

Good benefits (holiday bonus), scholarships

Meadow Ridge Response

Mar 28, 2017 – Executive Director

Thank you for your feedback – we’re always trying to find more efficient ways to support the residents of Meadow Ridge. In part, this means finding quality professionals, and the right number of... More

2. "Meadow Ridge has no Mobillity for Servers and is Understaffed"

Current Employee - Food Server in Ridgefield, CT
    Current Employee - Food Server in Ridgefield, CT

I have been working at Meadow Ridge part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, Good food, Christmas bonus

Cons

I have worked at Meadow Ridge for over 3 years: 1 and a half years part time and 2 years per diem. I have never recieved a raise/evaluation. When I signed for the job I was promised an evaluation every 90 days. Department heads come and go. They kept ignoring my requests for an evaluation- even though it was part of their job. I kept asking for an evaluation until 2 and a half years in when they told me that I would never recieve a raise as I was per diem now- I work close to full time during summers. Some servers work at Meadow Ridge for 5-10 years, they pick up responsibilities outside of traditional food and beverage work (luxury service, hospitallity, working with the elderly) and recieve no tips in a time period where the minimum wage in CT is $10.10. Maybe if they are lucky they will make $11.30 instead of $11. During the summer MR is very well staffed. During the rest of the year MR highers temps from other company's that cost $20 an hour. They don't know what they are doing, and understandibly so- they haven't been trained. Meadow Ridge usually has 4 servers during the year- they really need 11. Servers come and go as MR takes advantage of highschool students and then they move on when they realize the job has no mobility.

Advice to Management

Give servers the raises they were promissed when they signed for the job or struggle with being understaffed indefinitely.

Meadow Ridge Response

Nov 5, 2017 – Executive Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and the three years you’ve committed to our dining team. We should clarify that new team members receive an initial review at 90 days, and then again each spring... More