Meadowbrook Insurance - Great Culture | Glassdoor

"Great Culture"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Southfield, MI
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Meadowbrook Insurance as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Meadowbrook works to keep their employees developed and engaged. They have a good benefits package and pay competitively.

Cons

There are none that I know of currently.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Meadowbrook Insurance

1. "Turning Around"

I have been working at Meadowbrook Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New leadership has taken a strategy that makes good business sense.
    They have the right people in the right places. PTO is amazing. Flexible management.

Cons

Communication could still improve, although they are working on it.

Advice to Management

Keep us staying on the right track!

2. "As long as you know going in"

I worked at Meadowbrook Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of wonderful people at Meadowbrook and they offer you a job that you can "clock in and clock out" at the end of the day and they don't require too much outside of work. One of the many odd corporate policies was you could not put your work e-mail on your cell phone (although many people did) and they did not provide lap tops, so it's easy to leave work at work.

Cons

There are a lot of cons, but many are related to the fact that Meadowbrook was downgraded to a B++ carrier by AM Best (a credit rating facility). They are in an expense reduction mode, so don't expect a traditional end of the year "bonus" or a pay raise. In fact, I was recently informed that Meadowbrook no longer gives pay raises and has switched to a performance based quarterly modeled that is paid out at the end of the year and only if you stay.

The health insurance and retirement are also lack luster. Although the coverage is good, its expensive (more than $100 per pay check for a single adult) and the 401(k) match is only 3%.

Your experience at Meadowbrook will be contingent on who you report too and how seriously they take your job. One of the great things was my manager who was really smart and kind and easy going. She did not expect the impossible and was flexible with my schedule. But that's not for everyone. There are some really, really, really poor managers at Meadowbrook.

Advice to Management

Cost cutting and expense reduction can only go so far and the excuse that "we're a small company" simply isn't going to cut it. If people want to advance in their career, like I did, there is little no room for growth at Meadowbrook. One of the easiest ways to attract talent is to decrease the cost of your benefits and increase your 401(k) plan back to a traditional 100% match up to 6%.