Mease Countryside Hospital - Proud to work there | Glassdoor

"Proud to work there"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great Management in Operating Room. Enjoyed Co-workers. Lots of educational opportunities and training. Good benefits.

Cons

Promotions were few and far between unless you went outside the hospital in to the Bay Care system...the good positions were taken and held on to tightly

Other Employee Reviews for Mease Countryside Hospital

1. "OOkay"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Mease Countryside Hospital full-time

Pros

Good hospital to work at in general. It has a good reputation, treats employees with respect. The management is very willing to work around school schedules to accommodate furthering nursing degree. Good morale through out the company.

Cons

The benefits leave something to be desired, only 3 paid holidays, insurance is kind of expensive for what you get. They also require a lot of extra education in addition to getting a BSN.

2. "Trust. Dignity. Respect. Great values, I wish they applied them to their employees."

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I worked at Mease Countryside Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great PTO time. Full time accrues 7.7h/ pay period for the first 5 years, and even higher after.

Cons

1. Good like using this PTO time when you need it.
    2. Favoritism and nepotism are rampant.
    3. If you want to get a job, find someone on the inside who can help you. This way you will avoid a humiliating and intimidating interview served with a smile. The questions they ask have to right or wrong answer which gives them an opportunity to accept or reject people without any tangible cause. You might or might not get a job based on whether or not they have a candidate who comes "recommended". For them, the interview is just a formality.
    4. If you made it through the interview, smile, keep your mouth shut, and keep working. Don't you dare believe for a second that printed policies apply to all equally. They don't. For instance, I get a terrible headache from certain perfumes. So, a written Baycare policy clearly states that no employee can wear fragrances to work. Regardless, a lot of nurses smell like they just emptied a bottle on their head. I had one such working close to me. First, I asked her nicely to go easier on perfume. She blatantly denied using one. Next step, armed with a copy of the policy, I went to the manager, who listened sympathetically and promised to talk with the lady. I don't know if the boss did or not, but nothing changed. She kept coming to work smelling of perfume, I kept getting headaches. So, I had 3 choices now: suffer, quit, or take it higher. I suffered for a few years before quitting.
    These are some problem, but not all.

Advice to Management

No advice. They know all I have to say.