MedAmerica, Inc. - Great people to work with (depends on dept), generous benefits & time off. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MedAmerica, Inc.

"Great people to work with (depends on dept), generous benefits & time off."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Pros

Company is very generous with benefits and time off. Employee with 0-3 years of service will get 3 weeks of PTO plus sick time. 401(k) match is yours once it's deposited (no vested schedule).

The company invests in social events and company program to make sure you understand the company model. Implemented a "buddy program" for new hires to get well acquainted with the company.

Cons

Not very much room for growth for most departments. Work load increases at a moments notice when new contracts are acquired.

Other Employee Reviews for MedAmerica, Inc.

1. "Fantastic company to work for!"

I have been working at MedAmerica, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-The company is like a large family
    -The benefits are amazing; 401k is fantastic
    -work/life balance is important to MedAmerica
    -flexibility
    -remote workforce

Cons

Growth with the current resources we have. Growth is not a con as that is so great to see but it would be great to have more resources so we can handle the growth.

2. "Found a home at MedAmerica"

I have been working at MedAmerica, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The people are great, down to earth, easy to connect with. We laugh, have fun, but also work hard each and every day.
    - The company does both big and small gestures to show they care and appreciate us: health fair, team building, flexible schedules, thank you notes, value votes, birthday holidays, semi-casual dress, etc.
    - The opportunities for growth are everywhere as every department is getting larger, and new departments are being created
    - The environment is great - open work spaces, some conference rooms have alternative seating (couches or bean bag chairs), private rooms, large town hall break room, special rooms to hold private conversations or work alone, everything was recently remodeled and painted so it feels very fresh, bright and open
    - the 401k and benefits are great, the compensation is about average

Cons

For a large company in a building with a huge parking structure, I wish they paid for parking. Over $100 a month to park seems unnecessary at this point. I also wish that flexible hours and schedules was mandatory for all departments to offer instead of up to the manager; some departments have a lot of freedom to build the work day that works best for them, others are extremely rigid with very little wiggle room. As long as the work gets done when it needs to get done, I think schedules should be more adjustable company-wide.

Advice to Management

Consider looking into parking payment/reimbursement options.