MedAmerica, Inc. - Good place for experience if you need it | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MedAmerica, Inc.

"Good place for experience if you need it"

Pros

Excellent work culture. Activities going on every month

Cons

No room for growth. High turnover rate.

Other Employee Reviews for MedAmerica, Inc.

1. "Great Internship Experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Emeryville, CA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Emeryville, CA

I worked at MedAmerica, Inc. as an intern

Pros

This was my first internship and it couldn't have been any better. I felt included right away and got to help with few projects few days out of training. As soon as the team saw that I can manage, I was given more responsibilities of my own. My managers also cared a lot about my professional development and what I gain from my internship.

During my time, there was a wellness week with different activities and events everyday to promote health, mental, and career wellness so I was impressed with the company's care for the employees.

My internship was short, but it was a good experience. They were improving the internship program by holding weekly activities like a panel with the chief officers, meetings with guest speakers from different departments, resume and interview exercise, etc.

Cons

There was no official training for me and I don't know if that was the case for other interns so maybe include a short training session for interns.

Advice to Management

Keep improving the internship program to help the interns network and develop professionally!

"Poor Sr Leadership"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Emeryville, CA

I worked at MedAmerica, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company used to be great until they chose to hire a lot of consultants and messed up the structure. Some things that i enjoyed were the benefits, 401K, profit sharing nice view of tje ocean or freeway and free coffee and teas.

Cons

Work life balance, unrealistic expectations, lack of communication surrounding system changes. New leadership telling people to drink the koolaid or leave (actually had a picture of koolaid on a powerpoint). Puts fear in employees that if the specify problems or suggest ideas that are not welcomed, they are not drinking enough koolaid and will get fired.

Advice to Management

Trust some of your existing leaders and not always listen to consultants. Consultants have cookie cutter methods and MedAmerica is too complex to structure everything out. Just because the decision wasn't yours, it doesn't make it a bad decision. When trying to move to an enterprise model, quit taking every job task away from staff that they enjoy, unless that is your tactic for constructive discharge. I'm glad I left the company, I hear that a lot of additional high level managers have been brought in and communication is worse.