MedAssets - When I started I felt like a lost wolf. With the implementation of the Mentor program things have truly turned around. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

"When I started I felt like a lost wolf. With the implementation of the Mentor program things have truly turned around."

Current Employee - Manager in Saddle River, NJ
Current Employee - Manager in Saddle River, NJ

Pros

Very understanding of home and work balance. Salary is in line with other consulting firms. Great health benefits.

Cons

Leadership changes. I do however feel the current changes are extremely positive and that our division is finally headed in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Listen to the worker bees a bit more. We are the ones in the weeds and truly do know what we are talking about.

Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets

"Yes! The St. Louis employees (some of us) are still here (for now)! (Not that you've noticed.)"

Current Employee - Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

* It's a job when jobs are scarce.
    * Insurance benefits are fair.

Cons

* No credit for the job we do.
    * No training to do our jobs.
    * Lack of communication and extreme siloing throughout the organization.
    * No bonuses if you are in an "out-of-sight-out-of-mind" location (but you will hear on all-employee calls about how others DID get bonuses -- big, fat bonuses).
    * No recognition or awareness of the talent that has come through the door as the result of the recession, so raw talent is being wasted in thankless, low-paying grunt-work positions.
    * The "good-ole-boy network" is still at play -- women will have a harder time moving up or even garnering appropriate respect in certain units and there are some units from which talent will never be launched because local management simply doesn't care.
    * Rude, unprofessional behavior is acceptable if you are in the right circle -- the peons simply have to put up with you.
    * More than 200 jobs lost, but then scores of untrained temps are brought in to replace them. Phasing employees out over a year-long period was just bad form that resulted in rock-bottom morale.
    * St. Louis employees have given up office space, lived with temps shoved in every conference room and on banquet tables along the wall without proper room (according to code) to move between them, yet we are forced to listen to how the Plano employees will benefit from a new building complete with volleyball courts and a swimming pool -- the disparity is disgustingly palpable.

Advice to Management

“The genius of our ruling class is that it has kept a majority of the people from ever questioning the inequity of a system where most people drudge along, paying heavy taxes for which they get nothing in return.” ~Gore Vidal

"Be careful with a fool, you know someday, he may get smart." ~B.B. King

2. "Ok"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

Vacation, location, parties, travel, and holidays

Cons

Amount of work, no leadership to where company is heading, some un-ethical stances in my opinion

Advice to Management

non