MedAssets - Managing GPO is a cakewalk compared to Rev Cycle | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

"Managing GPO is a cakewalk compared to Rev Cycle"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

Great clients
Great coworkers
Good benefits
Very engaged CEO

Cons

Strong bias toward gpo because legacy gpo leaders learned the hard way how complex rev cycle is to manage
Lack of revenue cycle experience and wisdom amongst senior leadership
No true COO for rev cycle segment

Advice to Management

Ive worked in materials mgmt and have transitioned to rev cycle in the past 7 years. The workload, rapid pace and pressure to execute are night and day. I recommend employing leaders who understand claims, contracts, registration, etc. and who have had real experience in the fast paced industry environment. This experience cannot be gained through textbooks or power points or google. We have senior leaders who have no experience in the segment of the industry that we support. We simply cant compete with these leaders deciding strategy for our company. Rand is a true expert in supply chain and runs that business well. The current rct leader (who was also our cfo?) apparently has no rev cycle experience and i'm afraid is riding with training wheels in the tour de france when we should already be flying down the road on a 12 speed. I'm sure he's a good guy but I've never even seen him step foot in the plano office or join operations mtgs so go figure on that one. Greg Strobel is a great addition to sr leadership as he has the experience. We would like to see more sr leaders with his level of experience to feel like we have a chance to compete at a high level

Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets

"Spiralling out of control"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

Decent benefits compared to market comptitors
    Started paying for cell phone service
    Good breakrooms and coffee assortment to pick from

Cons

Too many organizational changes - cant keep track of who does what anymore
    Too many false promises
    Unclear business objectives
    Leaders dont understand the different between useless busy work and working smart
    Way too many products to support - some are overlapping and confuses us and the client
    Many are just in survival mode and protecting there jobs
    Terrible bonuses and payraises - basically less than cost of living increase
    Senior exec team seems to have no understanding of the rev cyle business - its like they want no part of complicated challenges we face
    Sales team is very self serving and most will throw anyone in operations under the bus without understanding all the facts which only creates twice the work to accomplish the same thing
    Shortterm sales objectives are truly driving our mission which is harmful to longterm value for our customers

Advice to Management

Hire the needed resources required for us to be succesful! Most of the people i work with get the feeling that our company is spiraling out of control. Thats a literal comment that someone said recently and nobody disagreed.The new senior leaders are acting franticlly and just seem desparate and codnfused. Cant really blame them. Its a real bad feeling to be a part of such chaos right now. The only advice i can give is make sure new senior leadership is getting rid of the poor performers who are still being protected and shifted around to mysterious roles. Theyre still here and is sending a message to us all that the company is NOT serious about accountability based on performance. Im sad to say but we desparately need exerienced vp leadership in product and technical departments. These people are directors at best and have relationships in our department that put them there which is not good for the company or morale. Were in real bad shape and nobody seems to understand or do anything to help us. We also need sales leaders who have the skill of listening and researching the complex facts before drawing horribly inaccurate conclusions that are currenly alienating the workforce. Otherwise just sell us and be done with it. Youre basically going to need a miracle to keep the remaining good performers around if we continue this path.

2. "Nice normal corporate place. 8:30-5:ish, Decent pay, good vacation, nice people."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saddle River, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saddle River, NJ

Pros

The people who work here are nice and fun to be around. As a company, Medassets is good at showing non-monetary appreciation with events like a summer picnic and holiday party. Middle management is good with feedback and things like pizza parties. Pay and vacation seems standard to most successful corporate entities. They truly do care about their employees and offer paid volunteer time for up to a week per year.

Cons

Benefits packages are very contribution-heavy, and some people in departments not my own have trouble becoming available to actually use their vacation time. Much of the middle to low senior management are still pretty young, so company growth is the only opportunity for advancement. The IT ticketing system is a nightmare to get anything fixed.

Advice to Management

Decentralize some more aspects of day to day operations (IT support, recruitment). You purchased multiple small companies because they were successful. Pool resources at need, not by requirement. Let them do what they do best.