MedAssets - It was a good company but now we need serious help | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

"It was a good company but now we need serious help"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

Benefits pakage is fairly reasonable but i hear that is changing to help profits
Co workers in my department are great, and we work closely together, mainly because our cubes are so small and crammed together, but i guess that was the purpose

Cons

Those in operations and those at corporate seem to be talking apples oranges because nothing is getting better, more work, more confusion, low morale, no raises, no bonuses, stock purchase plan is worthless, ect..
Technical leadership and talent are third rate compared to my former place of employment, always behind, always making excuses, no price to pay for mistakes, we dont know where to send our tickets to help customer, more excuses, ect...

Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets

"Clueless management, endless dithering"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

Salaries are not bad for good performers
    PTO
    Money available for tools
    There's some grass roots efforts to improve innovation
    Some of the people are really pretty good and really do seem to care

Cons

Management is terrible:
     - The place is packed with VPs that care more about building empires than building products that deliver value to our customers.
     - Executives are sales droids, that's it. They do not see software development as adding value to the business.

Direction is unfocused and constantly changing.

Impossible to get rid of low performing employees

Advice to Management

Spend some time learning about the differences between Revenue and Spend applications. Then either spin off the revenue business or structure the company so that it can effectively deliver on that business.

You're trying to run Revenue exactly like Spend and it isn't working, that's why all of those formerly innovative companies you bought up haven't done anything interesting in the last three years.

"You get what you put in. Some put in more, some less."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

Bardis has a great vision and more energy than any CEO I've worked for. His humanitarian contributions are also very evident with the many outreach programs we fund. When he speaks, people listen and are engaged. Change is also coming. I've been here five years now and am hopeful we can make the turn around back to an agile and technology forward organization.

The acquisition of Accurohealth meant instant positive balance sheet impact and great high ROI, revenue generating, customer loved and best in class products. Unfortunately most of these people who built these wonderfully successful companies and products were orged out.

Cons

We struggle when it comes to rewarding the actual work done. In the past when one of the many segment organizations fails to meet quota, everyone gets no bonus no matter how hard they worked. MBOs (goals) were not defined for many until July and don't reward innovation.

We need better training for the many new managers and "blue boxes" (VPs) in the org chart. Some micromanage to the point of burning out their reports and add little value. Recently it felt like all chiefs and no indians in some groups.

For a healthcare services company our benefits really suck.

Advice to Management

MedAssets could be an absolute fantastic place to work with a few changes.

Break up the segments and split "pro" and B2B off into their own lightweight organizations with targeted solutions and development groups. Invest heavily in new technology and more hands to build the next generations of solutions. We need a defined strategy for mobile and cloud while they are still "new".

Why is RCT Development barely 5% of the overall workforce when those are the ones building and inventing the tools to sell? Does it really take 95% to sell, support, and operate those tools? That's only one in twenty making the product and nineteen supporting it!