MedAssets - Why I Left | Glassdoor

"Why I Left"

Pros

There are some really great people who work there.
They do like to party which is a good stress reliever to a chaotic work place.

Cons

Product problems galore
Sr Executive Team is almost full of non-leaders and former sales execs who are just chasing their own tails.
If you dont like the org structure just give it 3 months and youll have another one to adjust to
If youre going into the revenue cycle segment, forget about getting any senior level support. They mill around the supply chain offices where there are much less complex problems to solve. Youll never see a senior leader or chief executive in the rev cycle office.

Advice to Management

The CEO needs to till his own garden before indicting other pople like Lance Armstrong. Your customers are paying the price for a complete lack of effective leadership within the highest ranks of Medassets. Our military walks the walks; the CEOs cage fighters walk the walk; olympians walk the walk; and even Lance Armstrong walks the walk. My advice to Sr execs are to stop talking the talk, and start walking the walk for the sake of there hard working paying customers who are not getting what they deserve.

Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets

"OK Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

Building a brand new facility in Texas which is supposed to be nice - Good PTO - Different benefits packages are offered which is nice

Cons

There is not a ton of room for advancement - Low starting salary -Large company with office in Georgia and some on East Coast so possible to get lost in the fray

"Financialy irresponsible decisions, very frustrating place to work. Think real hard about joining this place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time

Pros

Getting new office building and CEO says we are putting in pharmacy medical clinic volleyball court and other conveniences - but can we even afford if we cant hire the staff we need?
    Benefits are ok

Cons

Many of my coworkers and staff have left or are leaving. Very high turnover because we cant get the resources we need to service our customers.
    (update on my previous comment: i was told his was public information but i cant find the data on the internet anywhere so am deleting the comments on the cost of the private plane. If anyone can provide a link to this info so i can validate i will repost. For now i retract the info on the $2 million dollar expense in 2011.)
    Hear more about chief officer doing charity work, going to Olympics, being seen on cnbc, fox, bloomberg, stock exchange, ect. or training cage fighters than running our business. Could be funding a lot more charity work if the business was not always in a state of urgent need and desperation to react to bad products and services being delivered.
    Chief officers have known that some products that we introduce to customers are shotty for a long time but do nothing about it and require the best PMs to pick up the pieces. They just blame former employees or my favorite "the changing healthcare landscape". A lot of smoke in mirrors is right just like previous posters said.
    No accountability at high levels as evidence by former COO who is still in some confusing high office and any other good company would have replaced poor chief officers long time ago. They get the golden pass everytime while we have to carry out mission impossible to fix their poor decisions.

Advice to Management

Have some integrity and start doing whats right for our customers, not whats going to save you. This requires real work that can no longer be hidden by acquisitions or charity.