MedAssets - Management NEEDS help | Glassdoor

"Management NEEDS help"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Plano office, great company to work for. Work/Life balance could not be better.

Cons

No consistency between departments - heavy politics in some. VERY top heavy, 3 - 4 layers of management between engineers and decision makers.

Advice to Management

Middle management needs to understand current (within the last 25 years) trends of software development shops and not employ micro-managing style. It's understandable that this company was built off of acquisition, but there needs to be synergy amongst the teams. You need to trust your engineers and business analysts to do their jobs, and to hire the ones that you can trust.

Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets

"It's Gettin' Better All The Time"

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Corporate has taken a number of positive steps to bring in experienced business operators across the company following the hiring of a COO a little over a year ago.
    You can't find a better balance of passion for company, people, country and charities.
    Health care is a growing market; there should be continuing opportunities for job growth and new hires.

Cons

Still a lot of grumbling from employees below the manager ranks, but it is hard to tell if the gripes are specific to MedAssets or just normal dissatisfaction with day-to-day work or specific co-workers or managers.

Advice to Management

Continue to do a better job of holding senior leaders and executives accountable for poor hiring and operating decisions.

"This place is good for so few employees, mostly execs with no scruples"

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's employment, that's about it.

Cons

I won't repeat what everyone else is saying (it's pretty consistent, just read through the reviews).

I've been here less than five years and I'm in middle management. It is definitely cut-throat and I will continue to look for employment elsewhere and be glad to leave.

This place is run by a lot of leaders (VP and above) with their own interests as top priority - the company and the employees are the ones suffering under such leadership.

To give you an idea of the ethics - we, in management, are encouraged to try to offset these prolific negative glassdoor.com reviews with positive ones. I can see that many of my colleagues are doing that. Basically the ones which say things like "it's been bumpy but we are on the right track now" and "no company is perfect" and "love it". Nobody loves it here...nobody - so that is definitely a review written to help offset all the negativity about MedAssets on this site. Like many of the unscrupulous things were are asked to do in management, I won't have any part of that either. But I will shine a light on it.

Advice to Management

You've gotten so used to the manipulating you do to boost your own power and position that you probably don't even recognize it as manipulation any more. But rest assured, Directors and everyone below certainly see it and have no real respect for any of you.

Stop with the lip service of what all you are doing to make it a better workplace, it's laughable by employees. Instead, read the reviews on this site (and the engagement surveys). You will see that underneath the protection mechanisms employees have perfected when dealing with you, you are clearly disrespected. You create a horrible work environment for employees and consistently make bad decisions for the company. Finally, a downright honest review.