MedAssets - Great Ideals, Poor Execution | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

"Great Ideals, Poor Execution"

Pros

Company-wide implementation of servant-leadership model, with performance reviews tied to servant leader principles may eventually improve culture.

Cons

Very siloed organization with redundant and sometimes conflicting processes, poor communication between departments and from upper management down through the ranks. Constant pressure to improve margins, but poor infrastructure limits potential for success and results in absolutely zero work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Current corporate culture reality is furthest from servant-leadership of any organization I have worked with. Principles are great, but are not espoused or embraced consistently across senior leadership, much less to the front-line employees.

Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets

"And here I thought I was out of high school..."

I worked at MedAssets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay was good for the job I had but not worth the aggravation.

Cons

To many silly games and hoops to jump through only to be set up for failure. Little training. No communication. No one knows who is doing what. Managers gossiping with employees about other employees.

Advice to Management

The ridiculously high turnover for this one position in this particular department under this particular manager (6 people in under 2 years) should tell you something. It's not us... It's you.

"Great people, poor leadership"

I worked at MedAssets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company's heart is in the right place, saving hospitals money and promoting health and wellness.

Cons

Decision making at the top is disjointed and dysfunctional. Leadership's lack of willingness to address their disagreements directly trickles down to staff, causing stress, heavy workload, and frustration.

Advice to Management

Speak openly with one another. Address the tough stuff. Agree upon a single set of goals. Make the adjustments that are needed. Move forward in unison.