MedImmune - Disappointed | Glassdoor

"Disappointed"

Current Employee - Scientist I in Gaithersburg, MD
Current Employee - Scientist I in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at MedImmune full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

NONE that I can think of at this moment

Cons

This company has utter disrespect for employee safety, especially during Hurricane Sandy. This storm is described as "unprecedented," "catastrophic," "deadly," etc. MD and DC are under states of emergencies and local and government officials are warning residents not to travel unless absolutely necessary. All schools, local and FEDERAL governments are closed. Metro and bus service is suspended. Yet MedImmune remains open. We must use vacation if we do not travel to work in these potentially dangerous conditions and wind gusts.
Money, not safety, is their top priority. In 2011, when the DC area was hit by a 5.8 earthquake, MedImmune employees were told, "For future reference, and unless otherwise notified by EHS Personnel, employees should not evacuate their buildings." We were told to keep working, while government was encouraging employees to evacuate and stay safe.
In a recent employee satisfaction survey, employee engagement has significantly dropped. MedImmune needs to take these results seriously and realise that employees are not satisfied with the leadership running this organisation and the poor descions being made.
I have never worked at an establishment where my safety was put into jeopardy for their financial gain. Working from home is not an option for those of us in R&D
Lastly, I'd like to state that the employee emergency hotline has yet to be updated today, when our state is under an emergency declaration. I have to leave my children home alone and travel to work, where absolutely nothing will get done today.
The complete lack of leadership at this organisation in making this judgement call is staggeringly disappointing

Advice to Management

Put employee safety first

Other Employee Reviews for MedImmune

1. "Leading Biotech Company that cares about making a change in people's lives"

Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst II in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst II in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at MedImmune full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Close to home, competitive compensation, great people to work with.

Cons

Communication gap between departments and corporate.

Advice to Management

None.

2. "Great company to work for."

Former Employee - Director of Finance in Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Employee - Director of Finance in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at MedImmune full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is still going through growing pains, but everyone involved still tries to keep the same biotech environment. Great team effort across the organization.

Cons

So many buildings so far apart. Not sure how that can be resolved until total construction is completed.