MedImmune - Intense but exciting. | Glassdoor

"Intense but exciting."

Current Employee - Scientist II in Gaithersburg, MD
Current Employee - Scientist II in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at MedImmune full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to contribute to many projects. Sufficient resources to get work done efficiently.

Cons

Promotion timeline can be a bit slow.

Other Employee Reviews for MedImmune

"Going down fast"

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at MedImmune full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

salary, work-life balance, benefits, team members

Cons

Leadership ineptitude, CEO & leaders say one thing but middle managers and VPs are not in line, goals are constantly different from what leaders stress, DATA DOES NOT DRIVE THE PROJECT TOO MUCH EMPHASIS ON MARKET AND PROFIT

"Disappointed"

Current Employee - Scientist I in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Scientist I in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at MedImmune full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

NONE that I can think of at this moment

Cons

This company has utter disrespect for employee safety, especially during Hurricane Sandy. This storm is described as "unprecedented," "catastrophic," "deadly," etc. MD and DC are under states of emergencies and local and government officials are warning residents not to travel unless absolutely necessary. All schools, local and FEDERAL governments are closed. Metro and bus service is suspended. Yet MedImmune remains open. We must use vacation if we do not travel to work in these potentially dangerous conditions and wind gusts.
    Money, not safety, is their top priority. In 2011, when the DC area was hit by a 5.8 earthquake, MedImmune employees were told, "For future reference, and unless otherwise notified by EHS Personnel, employees should not evacuate their buildings." We were told to keep working, while government was encouraging employees to evacuate and stay safe.
    In a recent employee satisfaction survey, employee engagement has significantly dropped. MedImmune needs to take these results seriously and realise that employees are not satisfied with the leadership running this organisation and the poor descions being made.
    I have never worked at an establishment where my safety was put into jeopardy for their financial gain. Working from home is not an option for those of us in R&D
    Lastly, I'd like to state that the employee emergency hotline has yet to be updated today, when our state is under an emergency declaration. I have to leave my children home alone and travel to work, where absolutely nothing will get done today.
    The complete lack of leadership at this organisation in making this judgement call is staggeringly disappointing

Advice to Management

Put employee safety first