MedOptions - Administrative / Clinical | Glassdoor

"Administrative / Clinical"

Pros

The concept of the overall company is wonderful.

Cons

Extremely hostile environment to work in. Management is disrespectful to all office and clinical staff. Management does not appreciate one another, and makes for a very uncomfortable working atmosphere. The CEO of the company has no support for his staff and is belligerent t when he speaks to them. There is NO flexibility, there is a high turn over. Micromanagement at the managerial level causes for a very unproductive working environment.

Advice to Management

Managerial classes for CEO and the rest of management to learn,how to effectively interact with employees and create a productive working environment.

Other Employee Reviews for MedOptions

"Great but stability of company is concerning"

I have been working at MedOptions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, independence, talking with patients and assessing them is GREAT! Hand written forms are concise, but anxious for computorized system will be welcome!

Cons

The most concerning thing for me is the instbility of the company in the last year. A very involved founder left July 2012, Key clinical staff who had been there for more 10 years. A new CEO with no understanding of mental health. And his management style is far from supportive-more dictator like. Insurance credentialing issues. The clinicians and mid management are GREAT.

Advice to Management

Clinicians are working hard in the field and need support from corporate. Clinicians are your best asset!

"Not my experience !"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Springfield, MA

I have been working at MedOptions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with MedOption for over 4 years and have found it to be the best employer I've had.
    Caring for Seniors in a Nursing Home is very rewarding. I am always disheartened to read reviews that are hurtful and misleading and detracts from the work I do.
    I have a great Monday - Friday schedule with no on call. I have time to refresh on the weekends!

Cons

Too many emails !! Use a newsletter instead.

Advice to Management

You can't make everybody happy - but keep trying!