MedQuist - Career Path Dead End | Glassdoor
  1. "Career Path Dead End"

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist

I worked at MedQuist

Pros

Company is substantial with history and some relative security - or at least it was several years back. Originally I was treated well, but everything changed due to changes in technological and the industry. Perhaps there are management positions that are still worthwhile.

Cons

Company mainly offers work for medical records transcriptionists. Ten years ago this work was considered a skilled specialty considered fairly valuable in the medical industry. I made a good living from it before that time. Technology and the medical industry changed, now it is like sweat shop piece work. Look for another line of work.

Advice to Management

I do not think that management, or even this company as a whole, is in a position to make a real difference in this line of work.

MedQuist2016-08-07

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Comfortable work environment with occasional turbulence due to layofs."

Former Employee - Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at MedQuist full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Reasonable mid level management ( for the most part in IT) . Projects were well thought out and had good industry standard development methodologies

Cons

Many recent mergers and acquisitions leading to changing objectives. When merging, each company brings different software choices to the table and trying to run them all leads to data inconsistencies and poor communication.

Advice to Management

Focus on unifying technology platforms instead of trying to sustain disparate platforms currently in place due to mergers.

MedQuist2014-01-13
  2. "Medical transcriber"

I worked at MedQuist full-time

Pros

At home position and flexible hours including nights

Cons

Low pay and outsource

MedQuist2017-11-27

Discover more reviews about MedQuist.