MedStar Health - Good place to work in Baltimore | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MedStar Health

"Good place to work in Baltimore"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MedStar Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

professionalism. Place where you are respected

Cons

lot of rules. dificult to keep pace with changing rules

Advice to Management

keep your experience staff

Other Employee Reviews for MedStar Health

"I have been with MFSMC for about 5 years, but with MedStar Health for nearly 9 years."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosedale, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosedale, MD

I have been working at MedStar Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

MedStar offers great benefits with plenty of time off. Staff are mostly friendly and professional. HR really cares about the employee satisfaction. Lots of perks are offered: picnics, give-aways, fun contests. The new tower is nice.

Cons

Management does a poor job of firing poor performers (had a person in our department for 4.5 years before she finally resigned on her own. She shouldn't have made it past her 90 day eval.) The hospital as a whole really only recognizes our nursing department for good work but preaches team work and the SPIRIT values. Too many mico-managers.

(Also, to the moron that posted about pharmacy department sucking: we know who you are and we are THRILLED that you're not longer here. You are the worst pharmacy technician in Maryland.)

Advice to Management

Fire poor performers, enforce attendance policies.. basically: practice what you preach.

2. "I had a wonderful experience at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center until, I was fired over the phone."

Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Nottingham, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Nottingham, MD

I worked at MedStar Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff, appreciative of the opportunity, organized with all administrative duties, warm welcome when I was hired.

Cons

needs up to date software for all systems & units, wish HR department handled my termination in a better manner, no proper explanation during termination process, needs more diversity.

Advice to Management

I would like to advise that there be more diversity and more professionalism from Supervisors in departments when it comes to termination of employees. If the former employee has a valid explanation with proper documentation there should not be a termination. Especially, if a meeting is held specifically in their former department of employment upholding that employee to a standard that they've kept. No one who is fresh from school & having the opportunity of an entry level position should be wrongfully terminated due to an illness they cannot control.