MedTouch - Very close to a triple bottom line ran company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MedTouch

"Very close to a triple bottom line ran company"

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA
Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at MedTouch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was seeking a triple bottom line mentality employer when I received a call from MedTouch. I knew nothing about this company so immediately browsed the company website to learn more.

As a Lean Startup Evangelist, I was immediately attracted to how MedTouch measures everything they deliver to their clients. Furthermore, their case studies were also very appealing to me. Each one was vastly different, which told me that this is an innovation and value-driven organization. They also kept up with the times. This was exactly what I was looking for in my next employer. I wanted to work for a company that operated with a Lean Startup mentality.

Next, I perused what real employees said about MedTouch on Glassdoors.com. More good news, the employees seemed to be very happy working there. What I read about the MedTouch culture reminded of my very fond years working under famous founders Sam Walton and Bob Parsons. Another reason to consider MedTouch for my next career move.

My 1st in-person interview was my next favorable experience. Not only was it very conversational, I was also treated to a tour of this amazing work space. The ceilings are high, the décor is very up-to-date and everyone has easy access to large windows that can be easily shaded if needed. Most impressive, is the focus on ergo-dynamics. All employees have workstations that can be converted into standing work spaces. It is also very easy to adjust computer monitor heights to whatever your comfortable with. They even have a treadmill workstation for those who like to exercise while they work.

My on-boarding trip to Cambridge MA was when I began to realize my decision to join the MedTouch team was the right one. The key component for continuous software quality assurance improvements is a company culture where everyone takes pride in delivering quality and value to end users. While in Cambridge, I had the opportunity to meet with all of the people who are involved with developing software solutions for MedTouch clients. I was taken away by how everyone cared deeply about delivering value to customers. However, after meeting the company CEO and hearing what drives him to lead MedTouch, I knew I made the right decision to join MedTouch.

When I returned back to Cedar Rapids I felt very connected with my colleagues in Cambridge. I also had a good sense of where I needed to focus my attention. I looked forward to many fun and engaging years of relentlessly seeking the most effective ways to deliver value to MedTouch clients.

Just to give you an idea about how much employees are valued, even the on-boarding experience is continuously improved. Each new employee is asked to provide feedback and suggestions for improving their on-boarding experience. Much of the innovative aspects of my on-boarding experience was from prior employee suggestions. Furthermore, happiness survey's are a regular part of operations. On a monthly basis, results of these surveys and actions taken to improve happiness are shared with everyone in the company. MedTouch leaders place a high priority on employee happiness even during growing pains.

In regards to the triple bottom line aspects of MedTouch, from what I just explained, measuring the company impact on profits and people are very much followed. In fact, each employee is allocated $500 in Kiva loan funds to loan to Kiva charities, many of which are eco-smart, sustainability efforts. The managing partner in Cedar Rapids is also very eco-smart. We now have a comprehensive recycling program at the office. Measuring the company impact on the planet is not being done yet but may be a future consideration to further the innovation-driven culture.

Cons

Using a time tracking-oriented system for software development project management.

Advice to Management

Consider using agile software development methodologies to facilitate building collaborative relationships with clients.

Other Employee Reviews for MedTouch

"It's fun place to work, but it's hard to survive"

Pros

MedTouch is a small company, which was about 30 people from multiple offices. Working for a small company could be fun because you have a chance to work closely with all your co-workers and wearing multiple hat. People do recognize and praise you for your work. MedTouch focus only on Healthcare area, which could be a niche area to be in.

Cons

Since it's a small company and small team, sometimes it's challenging with billable hours. It's hard to make the 70% weekly billable utilization when you don't have enough works.

Advice to Management

Billable utilization is definitely important for small company like MedTouch, but needs to build the team relationship and may not just focus solely on that metric. Otherwise, everyone just put their head down and work because they need to meet their quota. This is not healthy in the long run because team members won't learn much from each other.

"Amazing Growth. Big Vision. Smart and GOOD People."

I have been working at MedTouch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO - in addition to being absolutely brilliant - is also very generous, accessible, candid/honest, and possesses a strong sense of gratitude and integrity. Leadership and directors are all wicked smart and have tons of experience in this business. Good ideas are often implemented almost immediately and, even if they are not, they are always respected and well received. Very positive environment with built in ways to celebrate each others' contributions on a daily basis. Very high energy, creative and collaborative.

Cons

There have been some growing pains because, well, we're GROWING. And, even if there weren't growing pains, or even if growth evens/slows in the future, change will still be a constant. This is not a con to me. But, if you learn slowly and constant change makes you anxious, this is probably not the place for you. We respond to the needs of our client in an industry that is in forward motion so there is no cookie cutter model.

Advice to Management

Continue to cultivate knowledge and information sharing as we grow!