Medallia - Amazing opportunity at a soaring company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Medallia

"Amazing opportunity at a soaring company."

Current Employee - Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Medallia full-time

Pros

It's a very innovative, modern workplace filled with brilliant people. Medallia really strives to hire only the best people, and it shows - plus, they take extremely good care of their employees. Best of all, the company is in an explosive growth phase and will soon go IPO. I couldn't even think of a better company to work at in this point in time.

Cons

My only complaint would be the managers at this company - most of them have at best amateur managerial skills. In a way it can be convenient because bosses let you do your thing without much pressure or oversight, but on the other hand there's kind of a lack of guidance.

Advice to Management

Start training the squad leaders to be real managers. And stop promoting people to squad leaders just because they're good at what they do - it doesn't mean they're good leaders or bosses.

Other Employee Reviews for Medallia

"The best career decision I have ever made"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Medallia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People here are ridiculously smart, driven passionate, but very humble as well. Everyone cares...from leadership all the way down. You have impact as soon as you start - no bumbling around wondering what the busy-work you are doing goes to. I was nervous to leave an established career for a small company, but it was by-far-and-away, the best decision I have made in my career.

Cons

This is hard work...the hardest thing I have ever done. I do not see that as a true con, as I love a challenge, but this is not a place you can just do the minimum and get by.

Advice to Management

Keep it up - the culture you have built is incredible. I look forward to seeing how it grows as the company grows.

"How many Stanford MBA's does it take to run a tech company?"

Former Employee - Product & Engineering in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Product & Engineering in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Medallia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The general idea behind the company is great.

Cons

However, executive management is obsessed with accolade from top management schools which doesn't gel with engineering culture. Innovative and entrepreneurial people leave the company because there's no achievement beyond the initial market traction. Working hard for a promotion does not longer work, your next boss will be recruited from outside.

Advice to Management

1. Get people with experience in leadership position - especially engineering.
    2. Restructure product teams around people with vision.
    3. Build attractive career paths for people.
    4. Establish better culture in engineering to stop the most talented from leaving.