Medallia - AMAZING | Glassdoor

"AMAZING"

Current Employee - Client Services Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Client Services Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Medallia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really care about their employee's well-being and that in turn, I believe leads to better productivity.

Cons

Although, most are very nice, it can at times be a bit elitist. There is also a high turnover rate.

Other Employee Reviews for Medallia

1. "Its been awesome"

I have been working at Medallia full-time

Pros

Almost everything about it - starting from training to work to people

Cons

Hardly any so you can imagine me picking up on less food variety for lunch

Advice to Management

Appreciate the people who are working hard to save the face for others

"Superficial niceness hides arrogant and bloated company atmosphere"

Pros

Nice perks: gym, free food constantly
    Some genuinely nice people: If you look for them they are there
    Product that does good: Medallia's CEM system focuses on helping other companies serve their clients better, so the mission is one that many can align with

Cons

Mismanagement at the lower levels
    Superficial niceness hides a general apathy for colleagues' well being and growth, perhaps a symptom of rapid growth and stress on people's time
    Contractors given no direction, and are treated inconsiderately

I have heard that the culture at Medallia was once very warm, motivated, and open. Such is not the case anymore. By expanding from 150 to close to 500 people over the course of a few months, this company has lowered their quality bar for incoming employees, and has compromised the culture that they supposedly prize. Medallia also treats their contractors very poorly, neglecting to give them direction and often leading them on with a false hope of full time employment, while not actually making any plans to transition them. One of my colleagues once told me that, of the 80+ contractors Medallia had hired over recent months, only 6 or so of them had been hired full time.

I'd sum the current culture up by saying that Medallians are good at the surface level nice--they greet you with hyper happy smiles and a false sense of camaraderie. But when push comes to shove, don't expect many of them to advocate for you or to even go out of their way to help you much, unless it's directly related to their own professional success.

Advice to Management

Train your managers to give their reports the time of day, and to treat them like human beings--not just at the surface level, but where it really matters, such as in matters of professional growth.