KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stay away

Apr 21, 2022 - Sales Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

1.) Unlimited PTO 2.)The job is fully remote.

Cons

Where do I begin. For SDRs you're placed into a random vertical upon hire and all the verticals are very different with little to no room to switch. It was an extremely unfair goal /. compensation structure as well. For example, my vertical was very small and had zero inbound leads. I had to hustle and prospect to try to get OPPS whereas someone who was placed in a vertical that gets a constant flow of inbound leads and demo requests practically just sit there and turn the lead into an OPP. Then they are now exceeding quota, getting fat bonus checks and looking great to upper management while I, who actually had to work my butt off, look bad in comparison. These people who received inbound leads are also the only ones to get promoted because it looks like they are more successful at their job. All of that aside I stayed at Medallia because I really did believe in the company and leadership. That all changed after the TB acquisition. Every single week people were leaving the company in large numbers, teams were dwindling and there was no backfill. Then at the start of Q1 Medallia did a massive round of layoffs. It was brutal. That lovely shot on the Medallia homepage of all the smiling, happy Medallia employees? I recognize a few faces that were part of that brutal layoff. Might be time to change your picture.

Continue reading
    16 people found this review helpful

Medallia Response

We're sorry to hear about your experience, but value current and former employees' feedback. Creating a culture of transparency and collaboration is a top priority and we will continue to focus on that as we grow.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Place to Work

May 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive team, good management, good product

Cons

Very large sales team if that's not what you want

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sell The Dream, Service The Nightmare

Jul 30, 2022 - Customer Success in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good work-life balance -Fully remote work life is encouraged and supported -Equitable pay for some positions -Good people in HR that genuinely care for employee well-being -Lots of smart people at Medallia -Plenty of opportunity for CSMs to get in front of customers and shine

Cons

-Operates in seemingly constant state of chaos despite being a 21 year old company -CEO is a pure sales guy who brags about his toys and homes in all-hands meetings as a way to inspire the sales masses -More celebration and focus on Formula 1 marketing partnerships than things that actually matter...like our customers. -Tons of turnover and attrition since company went private in '21, massive loss of institutional knowledge -Customers are sold the dream scenario for products without realizing they need to invest in services hours, then CS is left to deal with the nightmare fallout post purchase -Medallia continues to buy other companies with no focused vision or outcome aside from potentially going public again in a few years(?)

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Medallia.

Medallia Photos

+ Add Photo
Medallia photo of: The Escape Game Champions
Medallia photo of: Talent Ops is back together
Medallia photo of: Team APAC
Medallia photo of: People and Culture
Medallia photo of: Team project
Medallia photo of: I am a Medallian
Medallia photo of: Another awesome podium, 2nd place in the Val-d’Isere downhill for Breezy Johnson.